Just a quick post as we have a busy, busy Sunday again today.
I had an interesting time with my GP on Friday. I've been referred for screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. I'll probably have to wait a few weeks for that. Nothing worrisome, just my advancing decrepitude coupled with a strong family history. I have a weird skin patch which the dr wants to monitor. He says it's not skin cancer, but he's not sure what it is, which is somewhat concerning me. So, we're waiting a month to see if it goes away by itself. And he wants me to take my own pulse every time I have palpitations (many times a day) and telephone him with the results. Mmmm...well, I'm finding it hard to FIND my pulse. {g} I'm pretty sure I do have one, though.
This, added to all my other lovely stresses: home-education exam course nightmares, church imploding, music responsibilities, caring for a person with a disability, you know, all that sort of thing, has served to raise my anxiety levels to the point that I'm only getting about 4 hours sleep. I'd like more please. {g}
If you pray, could you all put in a word for me? Thanks!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
I love your blog, Dorothy. You are so inspiring! Will be praying for you and for wisdom for GP.
Oh, Dorothy, what a drag about all the health concerns. I'm beginning to think that so many health issues are caused by Drs. telling us we have health issues. (Did that make sense!?)
Praying for my friend across the pond.
Thanks Katy,
I don't feel particuarly inspiring at the moment, though! {g}
Thanks Debbie,
I do know what you mean, though my GP is a very conservative 'watch and wait' sort of chap, so I don't think he'd test unnecessarily.
It's hard not to be stressed when you only get 4 hours's sleep a night, though. We have a really busy week ahead and I just don't know whow I'm going to get through it, frankly.
Dorothy
Praying, D.
Praying Dorothy.
Prayed for you this morning, Dorothy. Hang in there--God is truly good.
Oh Dorothy, think I am joining you in the 'Decreptitude Files'
Prayers for healing and sleep
Take care yourself Dorothy. May the peace of the Lord be with you. And this too shall pass...Spring is near!
Post a Comment