Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Random Meme

I picked up this little meme from Kathryn's blog. Anyone who wants to pick it up from me is most welcome to.

What was I doing ten years ago?
Oh, probably having a nervous breakdown.


What are five items on my to-do list today?
drive across 3 counties with the kids to various sports
finish reading Ezra
visit with church friends to explain why we are leaving
laundry, always laundry
cook something delicious and low fat for dinner

Five Snacks I Enjoy:
cheese and crackers
cherry tomatoes
slices of watermelon
bananas
grapes

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: (I'm just listing the fun stuff)
Buy a big house and adopt lots of children.
Have loads of beauty treatments.
Hire a chef to cook me delicious, low fat meals.
Establish a Christian Home Educators Resource Centre.
Spend every summer by the sea.

Places I have lived:
Harrow, London
Llantwit Major, Wales
Toronto, Canada
Cologne, Germany
West Hollywood, California

Jobs I have had:
Teenage dolphin trainer
Egg packer on a chicken farm
Waitress in a very posh hotel in Ascot
session singer
Ice-cream seller in a circus

And you thought I was just a school teacher, didn't you?

Anyone else want to play along?

9 comments:

Renee said...

Praying over your to-do list

Renee said...

West Hollywood?? Me too - well almost. I didn't live there but I went to school there (in FLorida)

Renee said...

Your jobs are far more interesting than mine.... this was fun to do on another dreary day with limited items on my daily to-do list

Cynthia said...

Ok.. that was a FUN LIST! A dolphin trainer! WOW.. That sounds quite exciting. You were seriously in the circus? What a hoot! If I had all kinds of $$ I'd spend more than just a summer by the sea! I LOVE the ocean!

Stephanie said...

I loved reading that! I would love to hear the stories behind being a dolphin trainer! I think I'll have to jump this over to my blog too. :)

Jodi said...

I want to be a dolphin trainer when I grow up. LOL

Romany said...

Jodi,

First, find yourself some dolphins. Luckily, I lived only a 15 minute bus ride away from some. {vbg} Next, get a job selling ice cream nearby. Then go out with the son of the owner of the safari park. And you're pretty much qualified.{g}

It's not a career path I'd recommend, as it ended with me being required to get in a pool with a killer whale, which I refused to do. Back to ice cream sales for me.

Romany said...

Renee, there's a West Holywood in Florida?

Unknown said...

What an interesting list of jobs! Dolphin trainer? Ice cream seller at the circus? I can't play this game - I'd be mortified to post my mundane life for all to see!

I just KNEW you were a Most Interesting Person, Dorothy!