Monday, November 10, 2008

Homeschool Blog Awards

Join Us at the HSBA!

Well, how nice!

It appears you've nominated me for those two categories again. Best Variety and Best Geographical blog. It's nice to be appreciated!

The voting begins today. I'm already concerned I may not have enough time to check out all the wonderful blogs in each category before time runs out to vote. But the ones I've seen so far are wonderful!

I don't expect to win in either category, which is fine, by the way! For a start, this blog is up against Pioneer Woman's, who has about 800 comments (literally) every time she posts and has even been on TV because her blog is so popular! LOL! My readership is select and loyal and I like it that way! Thanks, everyone.

Anyway, do have fun checking out some new blogs and make sure you vote in at least one or two categories.

9 comments:

Paula said...

Oh good luck to you. I look forward to exploring some new blogs. By the way, I much prefer the British term "home educators" to our American "homeschoolers" The word "school" just seems too tied to institutional schools...

carrie said...

came over from the awards. wow, to be up against PW, I would feel the same way.

But I really liked your comment about your select and loyal readership. That's how mine is too.

Although it would be nice to win something...

I'll be back to visit!

Romany said...

Paula,

Yes, HE'er seems so much more apt somehow than HS'er. I hope you enjoy browsing the new blogs.

Carrie,

Thanks for stopping by! Good luck!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Thanks for stopping by Make it from Scratch. Good luck to you!

flmom said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - it's nice to meet you! I am hoping to get by as many of the blogs as I can. So many of them I've never seen before!

Congratulations on your nominations!!

Alexandra said...

I voted, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I feel exactly the same way. There are so many great blogs, I want to visit them all before I vote. But I'm afraid I might not make it to all of them in time.

I was also nominated in the ecclectic category and have no hopes of winning. But that's OK because I am up against some of my favorite blogs and I really hope they win. LOL!

Congrats on the nominations! I enjoyed reading your blog and will try to come back sometime when I have a little more time to look around.

Kristine said...

Dorothy, glad to see this post. I'd missed voting last week, was sick over the weekend, and thought I'd lost my chance. I'm going off to vote for you now!

(P.S. I loved PW, but when my time cut back, I had to cut her out completely. I still pop by here every now and then though--and think of you whenever I see a stone wall!)

Cynthia said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog that I was nominated otherwise I would not have known.