Sunday, August 31, 2008

Classic Scots Poem

On yonder hill,
there stands a coo,
I looked again.
It's no there noo.

See? Not every post here is about walls.

8 comments:

Alexandra said...

Mooooo!

I've been conditioned by my two year old to say this every time we see a cow.

Renee said...

Tee hee... are you trying to become the English Pioneer Woman?

Missus Wookie said...

Do you know the song "Many Many Cows"?

MANY MANY COWS

(Anna Lee Scully) A CAPELLA/ USUALLY IN “A”

(CHORUS)

Many many many many many many cows, Many many many many many many cows!

Out on the hillside, out in the field, Many many cows, kicking up their heels.

Out on the hillside, out in the field, Don't it make you think when you drink....

MILK! MOO-O-O!

(CHORUS)

You look underneath, there's something neat, There's a bag of milk above their feet.

Take that bag you call an udder, and Shake it real hard and you'll get...

BUTTER! MOO-O-O!

(CHORUS)

Some are spotted and some are plain, But you look inside, they're all the same.

Some are brown and some are black, Stand in the front, don't stand in the...

BACK! MOO-O-O!

(CHORUS)

They chew their cud and they think it's fine, In fact they chew it all the time.

Chew and chew as the day goes by, If it goes straight through, it will be cow...

PIE! MOO-O-O!

(CHORUS)

Out on the hillside, out in the farm, It took many cows to spin this yarn.

Out on the hillside, out in the field, Don't it make you think when you drink....

MILK! MOO-O-O!

Serenata said...

Um, yup!

Jodi said...

I think I prefer cows to walls although I don't mind the walls, most are quite pretty.

Romany said...

Mrs W.....
I think you should wait until your next Quaker meeting, and in the midst of the silence, stand up and sing that song. Heartily. I promise God will like it.

Kristine said...

I have to admire the balancing ability of that white cow--it's so perfectly perched on the big tan one.

:)

Romany said...

Ah, no Kristine, you see, you've made a very common error. The white cow isn't a very, very small one standing on the tan cow. It's a big cow that's far, far away.

Hard to grasp that concept, I know. I've made that same mistake many times myself.