
Outside My Window...
Dewy and damp, fresh grass growing back from where the paddling pool was last week. The forecast is for sun and showers. It is cool and windy this morning. My buddleias are covered in butterflies.
I am thinking...
About what God wants from us right now. It's been so hard trying to find a home church. We seem to have lost all our confidence about leading worship too. So many losses and no gains as yet. Waiting now, to hear from Him.
I am thankful for...
The ability and freedom to home-educate my children that I've had.
From the kitchen...
The noise of the microwave reheating my cup of tea, yet again. The sight of a bunch of fairy cakes from yesterday. I don't get round to baking very often. They aren't too pretty, but they tasted good.
I am wearing...
Brown linen/cotton loose trousers, red sleeveless tee shirt, bare feet.
I am creating...
I'm trying a bit of traditional~non Smilebox{g}~ scrapbooking again and having fun with some CM stuff which my friend Cindy sent me.
I am going...
To take the children plus a couple of friends to the 'ice-cream farm' this afternoon. They make their own and it's pretty tasty! They serve it in an old-fashioned ice-cream parlour on the farm The farm is far enough away for this to be a very occasional treat! And it's good to be able to treat other kids too. It's a form of hospitality about which the above mentioned friend, Cindy, taught me about, years ago.
I am reading...
Storylines, Tracing Threads That Run Through The Bible by Andy Croft and Mike Pilavachi. Actually, I'm pre-reading it to see if it would be good for Grace or Jack. I'm thinking both could use reading it. Pilivachi, if you don't know him is the minister who has single-handedly revolutionised worship music in this country, by encouraging and mentoring young talented worship leader/ songwriters such as Martin Smith, Matt Redman, Tim Hughes in his Watford church, Soul Survivor. The worship landscape would be totally different without Mike's influence. He's a down to earth, funny writer with a great way of communicating with youth.
I am hoping...
To finish painting the stairwell today. Also, to have some phone calls returned today that I'm waiting for.
I am hearing...
The computer, the radio, the fridge and the kitchen clock.
Around the house...
The kids are still sleeping. It's the summer holidays and they are so busy during term time, that I like to leave them to sleep, if I can, during the summer. I figure that if they CAN sleep for so long, they probably need to.
One of my favourite things...
Finding a new song which would make a good song to sing in church and then teaching it to God's people as a new expression of their love.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
A car boot sale to get rid of as many surplus books in one fell swoop as possible and visiting another new church in a nearby town. It saddens me that there isn't a suitable one in OUR town.
Here is picture thought I am sharing.

Check out The Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybook entries.





7 comments:
What do you mean 'They aren't too pretty....'??? Those are really cute fairy cakes! Very artistic.
Your fairy cakes look great! My older girls are gone this week and only the youngest is home. I have a great recipe for these you have inspired me to make them with her.
Beautiful cupcakes or at least I think they look like what we would call cupcakes? At least I don't have to ask what a car boot sale is this year (LOL)!
I'm glad you're able to treat your kids and some others out to ice cream. I was wondering what an Ice Cream Farm is - I had visions of milking the cow and turning it into ice cream right then and there (LOL).
Glad you're enjoying the supplies!
Fairycakes? is that what ya'll call cupcakes? hmmmmmmm... I like that, it's very cute for a cute little cake.
Just this weekend in our bulletin was the quarterly financial report. It was two sides of a fullsize sheet of paper (although not quite as long as A2 paper)
Okay - just in the first section I had to comment. LOL
Isn't the forecast "across the pond" pretty much ALWAYS sun & showers?? It's been like that A LOT here lately. In fact, we've gotten about 40 extra inches of rain this month alone. It's nuts.
And I was reading too fast & thought this: "My buddleias are covered in butterflies." said "My BUDDIES are covered in butterflies." LOL
Off to finish reading - slowly - now. ;-)
HI Lisa,
The last few summers have been very unusual here. The last 2 have been cooler and wetter than usual (something to do with el nino or la nina or something!). Two years ago the summer had record-breaking temps as it hit 100*F! That was fun. Last summer had record-breaking rain and serious flooding. It seems like we can't tell what our summers are going to be like any more.
PS Spring is always 'sunshine and showers', which is what makes it spring! {g}
Wow, 40 inches of rain in one month would be a lot, especially in summer.
Hands off??? But I really wanted one of the pink ones with sprinkles!
Post a Comment