Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oxfordshire Pictures

There's not much high ground in Oxfordshire, but the snow is lingering on the higher fields. There has been snow on the ground now for two weeks. This is highly unusual in Southern England. The shetland ponies at the school where Jack studies Chemistry once a week look quite happy though.
Snow melt is causing a few problems lower in the valley. Don't those swans realise this is a field?

The main road through Islip.

A bit too low, apparently.

I guess I won't be taking this road home!

4 comments:

Renee said...

The road looks like a canal. Oh my.

Paula said...

The pictures sure are pretty!

Wild Homeschool Family said...

I'm thinking the novelty of the snow must be wearing off for people now.

Kristine said...

Ooh, stunning blue water picture (I think it was the first water pic in the post!). Very nice!