Saturday, April 04, 2009

Post Life-Songs/Pre-Baptism Week

It's been a funny old week. Jamie calls it 'worship leading hangover'. It's when a lot of energy and effort has gone into an event, or series of events, and then they are over. We've been tired, relieved and heavily plodding along. It's sort of like a hangover, in that it's hard to think clearly and you just want to sleep. No peace for the wicked though, because we're now onto the Next Thing which has been organising a baptism service tomorrow.

I know I should be looking forward to it, but I'm worried about being tipped backwards because of my back. Mmmm...I hurt my back digging the garden last Sunday. We're going to the church for a 'dry run' this morning, so I will speak to the Pastor about it.

Grace is anxious about her testimony and as of today, Saturday, it's still not completely written. I'm going to have to help her with it later. Jack has written his but is still tinkering with it.

Jack spent the afternoon yesterday with various others removing the church's chairs and replacing them with borrowed ones so that we could fit more people into the chapel. It's good to know that my son is now a 'big strong young man' able to help out on such occasions!

Grace has struggled a little this week with college. The video production course she's doing is probably a bit too much for her. Also the relationship problems she is struggling to negotiate with the young men on her other course are proving stressful. Fortunately, she has 2 weeks off for Easter now to recuperate from those struggles!

I've been trying to get caught up with household/gardening things but have been stopped in my tracks by back pain. So frustrating. I did manage a good long walk with Grace on Wednesday even though I couldn't get to the gym.

Jamie has been throwing himself into his secular paid job this week and is at a Men's Breakfast this morning. Should do him a power of good.

6 comments:

Wild Homeschool Family said...

I hope you all are getting some rest now (doesn't really sound like it!) and that your back feels better for your baptism.

Cynthia said...

It's almost like a form of emotional let down after a big event like that is over. I suffer from that after a big thing, too. It's like I just don't even know what to do afterwards (LOL)!

Serenata said...

I hope you back is okay for tomorrow and you all have a really lovely special day.

Kristine said...

What a blessed weekend. I'm praying for all to go smoothly at your baptism.

Renee said...

Can't wait to hear about the baptisms. Hope you had someone take pics

ambersun said...

Hi from Australia

I read this post and the baptism one.

It all sounds amazing.

I was baptised in 2004 and gave my testimony in 2005 to a women's conferencing.

Both were wonderful experiences.

God Bless

Amber