We had a similar problem a few years ago. The computer was completely dead, wouldn't turn on, nothing. We took it to the local electronics place and they said it was going to cost x number of gazillions of dollars to fix it. Not in the budget at all but they did manage to load everything from the hard drive onto one of those thumb drive/memory things (computer hardware illiterate here!) for a modest fee.
Looks like (minus the computer hoovering) a fun time was had by all.
I know that Mike has been after me to back up the blog - mostly so that we'll have something in print/hard copy in case such a thing happens again to us. It's a sickening feeling.
6 comments:
So sorry that vacuuming the computer didn't save it
Oh No, I didn't know I was supposed to hoover the computers on Christmas! I will make sure to do so next year. LOL
We had a similar problem a few years ago. The computer was completely dead, wouldn't turn on, nothing. We took it to the local electronics place and they said it was going to cost x number of gazillions of dollars to fix it. Not in the budget at all but they did manage to load everything from the hard drive onto one of those thumb drive/memory things (computer hardware illiterate here!) for a modest fee.
ah was hopeful when I saw the photos. Sorry your computer is still dead.
Mince pies are a favourite here with everyone but me...
Oh - was nice to see Jamie briefly, we'll have to see if we can get together in the next few months.
Looks like (minus the computer hoovering) a fun time was had by all.
I know that Mike has been after me to back up the blog - mostly so that we'll have something in print/hard copy in case such a thing happens again to us. It's a sickening feeling.
Forgot to say this looks like a scrumptious feast. I was really zooming in to see WHAT everythng was. LOL
Post a Comment