Huuummmm, well this diet promises weight loss of 8-14 pounds after the first two weeks: Phase One of the South Beach diet. After 7 days I weighed myself and I've lost 2 lbs. And I can easily fluctuate like that every week any way, so I have to admit I am rather disappointed.
However, I have to admit that I didn't actually expect it to work as well as it claims. There seems to be a lot of fat in this diet. Perhaps I should be waiting until after the second week though. I've been consistently exercising for 30 mins a day too, which is way more than normal!
Yesterday a friend visiting from the US took us out for lunch in a cafe, after church. It was great to see him but also nice to have my first piece of bread (and butter) for a week! {LOL!} It was wholewheat and it tasted like heaven. I am clearly addicted to carbohydrates, if that is the way I feel about that piece of bread!
I am beginning to see more clearly why poor people are usually overweight in this country. When we are trying to live on a small grocery budget, I don't tend to buy lots of expensive meat and vegetables out of season. I would buy lots of filling bready type things and cheap fruits like apples, grapes and bananas. The carbs would fill us up and give my kids the energy they need, along with modest amounts of protein and dairy products. But this just sets us up to crave carbs and sugars (even non-processed, natural carbs and sugars in fruit). I am seeing the truth of this now.
{sigh!} Well, I will stick with it and hope that it will make some sort of difference in the longer term.
Incredibly, it is snowing again today. All sorts of records being broken here for weather this winter. I really hope it's going to be followed by a record-breakingly hot summer this year!
We have a busy week ahead with visits from friends and a couple of college interviews for Grace. And more preparations for the town's mission week and our concert which kicks it off. {biting my nails!) And Jack has another Maths exam next week so he is buried in practice papers.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
More snow? Oh my, y'all have had a miserable winter.
Keep at it Dorothy. It gets easier. I recall that I couldn't give up all the sugars, and had myself some peaches every day. I got too faint in phase one without it. Eventually I was able to wean myself off these and go full throttle with the low carb diet.
Post a Comment