Because this is a very small room, about 9x7 feet, we needed a light colour that was less harsh than the white which was there previously. We opted for Almond White which was a lovely warm shade, but still light enough not to feel oppressive.
Even the space above his bed is used!
I think he was very touched we'd made the effort and re-did his room. The expensive underlay under the carpets in the kids' re-done rooms has REALLY helped with noise reduction{g} and hopefully will mean much cozier rooms in the winter too!
We thank God for the extra money we've had this year which has enabled us to completely re-do 2 of the rooms in the house. We've been here 3 1/2 years and have only just been able to do anything to it!
There's so much more to do but we've made a start!
14 comments:
Good job! I love the use of space! My son Jon had a loft bed down in Miami and he loved it.
I need to work on Allison's room. She's been wanting paint on the walls for a while now. I think my kitchen should be first though.lol
Great job! I love Jack's "TV surprise look"! LOL
You certainly make good use of the space. We are renovating a storage area...7x7 for Dan. Right now it isn't too important as he is in a toddler bed, but soon he will need a bigger bed and we will probably do the loft thing.
How nice that you have been able to do two rooms.
Way to go, Dorothy! It looks great. You did an excellent job of transforming his room and working with the small space. I love his tv reaction. :) Fun.
Great job! Love the "TV makeover show" looks on his face! LOL!
Dorothy,
That looks AWESOME! Those projects are so much work, but they look so nice when all put back together.
Oh, I really like this -- fitting all those books & things into the room without it looking like a storage shed (which is the problem on this side of the ocean, here in my house).
Lisa,
My kitchen is in desperate need of attention too, but what it really needs is replacing! The cupboards are all quietly rotting away. Paint isn't going to help much!
:-(
Dorothy, great job on the new room! What a great way to use all of the space, by putting Jack's bed up high.
Holly's DYING (her words) to do SOMEthing to her white walls, but I don't think we plan anything for quite some time . . .
Fantastic Dorothy, you all clearly worked really hard on this room. What a good use of space. Given me ideas for YS's room.... the thought of having to make a loft bed though is a bit daunting. We do actually have one in the loft that we could use. (LOL)
It's a wonderful start, Dorothy. I can't believe all the painting and such that everyone is doing - makes me feel like a slacker.
I love both of Jack's photos.
Great use of space! I recognize(I think) some IKEA pine drawers. We have a large group of those...wonderful for organizing our clutter.
Wow! You all did a great job!!! It looks GREAT!
Excellent ideas and use of space! Love the "tv surprised look".
I'm hoping to do something similar for my oldest son next summer. He has a tiny bedroom as well & it will help to do a loft bed. Then the little boys will get the bunk beds which will help with the space in their room. I love the "mock" photo. LOL I enjoy those type of shows. Did he scream too?? As in "Oh my gosh!!!" LOL
Post a Comment