Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Family Night Out

We all went out last night to a gig together.

I knew this moment would come. Eventually. A band ALL of us likes.

Metallica?
Well, actually we do all like them but we couldn't afford the tickets. No, it was Tim Hughes. A young local worship leader, now with an international ministry and a very cool band.

The CCLI Charts show his song, 'Here I am to worship' as the second most popular song sung in American churches for example, but that's uncharacteristically slow for him. Most of his songs are just how we like them in this family....ROCKIN' !

We went with friends, Jan and her children. I'm not sure how Jack and his friend Sam felt about standing next to their mothers who were jumping up and down with their hands in the air...and frankly, I don't care. Seriously though, a good time was had by all. {g}

Jamie and I are leading a Praise and Worship special 'do' in a few weeks and we were making secret mental notes about how to do something like this, as it's a new venture for us.{gulp} If we put on something a hundredth as good as last night, I'll die a happy woman.

Which brings me to my favourite Tim song at the moment. Happy Day!

Play it here.

Sing it.

Be sure to jump up and down. It doesn't work otherwise.

Have a Fabulous Day!

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Dorothy,
Did he do God of Justice? That's my favorite song of his and we just played it a few weeks ago! LOVE THAT SONG!

Cynthia said...

Oh.. and if you try to play it... I don't know why I was having a brain freeze on this song, but I found the timing really hard to stay exactly together with the guitar player.... coming in without any drum cues!

Anonymous said...

YES! He did.

We sang it in church today actually. It is amazing, isn't it?

Fires you up and makes you want to change the world.

Linda said...

I love this song, too! Our band did it a few months ago in church. We have a set of DVDs to teach you to play keyboards for worship and they interview famous worship people on them. Tim Hughes is one of the interviewees. I never knew what he wrote before this.

Kristine said...

Cute post, and I can imagine you and your friend while Jack and his friend, uh, pretended not to know you or something!

Mercy Me is coming here in a week or two. I debated all of us going, but then my mil made plans to come out. Maybe next time!