Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What was Devon Like? I hear you ask.

Well, let me show you.

There were some of these.

You know how I like stone walls? There were lots of them.

And views? Plenty of those since the camp site we stayed at was up on a cliff above the sea.

One of those, our temporary home.

There were a few lighthouses.

And some people putting their wetsuits on in the carpark.

One of these boys.

And one of these girls.


A lot of this sort of thing.

A bit of this. Hey, stop laughing. The sea plays havoc with decrepit hair like mine.


A little of this went on.

And there was this.


A couple of these.

And LOTS of this.



Got the picture?


That's Devon.

12 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Thanks for sharing - loved the post.

Lisa in Jax said...

O.k. I want to live in England too!!! What a beautiful vacation. It looks like you all had lots of fun and relaxation.

The Nowlin Family said...

Oh my. OOOHHHHHHH MY!!!! We miss it so. We miss you all so. (sigh) A little bit of heaven, this side of heaven... Cheers for posting such lovely pics, and hugs and kisses to your whole family! - scotty, for all the nowlins

PS Might we post a link from our blog to yours?

Kathy in WA said...

Dorothy - these are exactly what I want to see!! Hooray. What a beautiful vacation.

Anonymous said...

Scotty,

Please do!

Deedee said...

What a fantastic holiday! Glad you had a nice time.

Kristine said...

Fabulous pics, looks like you had a blast! My hair does odd things in the wind, too, usually blowing straight up from the back making me look like a scary witch, lol.

Anonymous said...

Kristine,

It wasn't the wind, it was the several hours in the sea that day that was the problem! {g}

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!
England has all this & cheesecake too?
Sign me up.

Emily said...

What beautiful pictures! I know I say this everytime you post pictures from around the country but I love England and can't wait to go back someday. Alexia and I were just talking last night about her senior trip and she has England on the list of hopeful places. We will have to see!

Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Jodi said...

Beautiful!

So glad you had a wonderful holiday.

Cynthia said...

Loved the post! It looks like an AWESOME vacation!