On the Third Day of Christmas they also did a lot of that.
On the 4th Day of Christmas, dh and I shopped in the sales for next Christmas and for new clothes. My greatest success was in the Body Shop where I got an incredible 60% off gift sets. They will come in handy for birthday presents next year too!We did visit Krispy Kreme whilst in Milton Keynes and brought Jack back this delightful hat. He was so pleased we brought him back a hat and not a doughnut.
Not. He spent the day with his friends, hiking and letting off rockets in a field, so he was fine.
Grace insisted I try to curl her very straight hair for a party she was going to with college friends on the 5th Day of Christmas.
I tried. But it's very thick and straight. We managed a few waves.
On the 6th Day of Christmas, we've done some more playing, relaxing and eating nice things. It's so good to be altogether so much for so long. It's been a very peaceful house.Oh yes, apart from when I spent part of the 5th Night at the local hospital ER with something stuck in my throat. They couldn't find anything, so I am trying not to worry about it. I have the feeling of a foreign body lodged half way down my oesphagus. Dr's think I may have eaten something too hard and it damaged my throat on the way down. I didn't put a coin in my Christmas pudding this year, so I can't think what it could be. LOL! I should be fine in a few days.
We have friends coming over on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day and so I will need to get cooking again tomorrow!{g}
8 comments:
Looks like the Wii was a great hit! Are they sore yet?
Are they heated curlers you are using in Grace's hair? I've got some and they work quite well.
Hope your throat feels better soon.
It is lovely to be able to celebrate these days of Christmas together as a family. We have had a lovely relaxing time as well.
It looks like you are enjoying the Wii! ;-) Looks like a lot of fun! I hope your throat feels better soon! Happy New Year!
Glad you are ok.. no more midnight ER visits!
I really like the picture in your header and the new background colors! Very festive looking.
I didn't realize there were Krispy Kremes outside the US... of course I do prefer Dunkin Donuts
Happy New Year!
Hey we got a Wii too - we'll have to get together and play. No games as yet however - except the sport which came in the box and is good fun... one friend did try to play sitting on the sofa but we pulled him up.
So glad you've had a good Christmas so far.
Grace looks lovely with her curls! I hope she had a good time at her party.
We have been doing a lot of Wii-ing this past week. I ordered a new game with some of my Christmas money...the neighbors must think I'm crazy as I run to the mailbox 5-6 times a day.
My Krispy Kreme story: The store came to Denver, and the news was full of people waiting two hours for donuts. Robert was at work, quite vocally laughing to his employees about all the people who were so stupid to wait just for a donut.
Who do you think comes walking into his work, carrying two boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts, with my kids wearing the caps on their heads? LOL Robert was absolutely horrified, but no one complained since they had their mouths full of donuts. And I only waited 45 minutes in the drive thru, haha.
I'm sorry to hear that you had to go to the hospital, hope all is better now.
We don't have a krispy kreme here so remain in the dark about how good they might be.
Jodi
Post a Comment