Maybe, if I hide, she won't take any pictures.It was very practical, therefore: loud. I'm hoping to recover some of my hearing soon.
I cooked lunch and kept them all well supplied with drinks and cake. I did take part in some of the discussions, but mostly I was on hospitality duty.
There was some important 'theology of worship' discussion, which involved digging into their Bibles, and some band theory, but mostly they did practical exercises.
They were willing, creative and hardworking.
Pics of some of the kids. I wish I'd got one of them all together.
Jamie and I, and the other two adult helpers, were exhausted at the end of the day, but we felt it was well worth the effort. I think we've identified 2, possibly 3, potential future worship leaders. Hopefully, some of what we taught them will stick! They went home with a file full of notes and a dvd of a national worship conference.
Pics of some of the kids. I wish I'd got one of them all together.
Jamie and I, and the other two adult helpers, were exhausted at the end of the day, but we felt it was well worth the effort. I think we've identified 2, possibly 3, potential future worship leaders. Hopefully, some of what we taught them will stick! They went home with a file full of notes and a dvd of a national worship conference..
Grace and Jack helped us to evaluate how it had gone. Jack's proposals were: more time in the Bible looking at what it had to say about music, worship and musical worship. (There was lots in the handouts they went home with, but point taken.) And that, as it was a youth workshop, that he and Grace should have been able to lead sections of the day. Mmm...interesting. Grace thought we should have had more small group work to draw out the ideas of the quieter kids. And that we should have focused more on the 8 principles of Christian worship which we had posted around the walls:
Trinitarian
Biblical
Communal
Dynamic Dialogue
Whole-hearted
Welcoming
Relevant
Excellent
Which were indeed all good points and if we were to do this again, we would definitely adapt the day to incorporate their suggestions. It's so good to be part of a TEAM! {g} Even better that the team is my family!!!!
.
Note: I used the blogger spellchecker after writing this post and it revolted at the word Trinitarian. It suggested that I must have meant Trinidadian.
.
'Christian worship must be Trinidadian.' Sounds like a small group discussion question. {vbg} Maybe we'll use it next time!


11 comments:
Glad to hear it went so well Dorothy.
So glad it went well! Your family are a great team. The loving attitude of your teens is a great encouragement to those of us with younger ones! Thanks for sharing. - Deedee
Sounds fantastic. We used to be a worship group with someone from Trinidad, and if he is anything to go by, I'm sure all worship groups would benefit from a bit of Trinidadianness.
It sounds like you had a fantastic day! Those young people are certainly inspirational. It sounds like you will have to duck out of the organisation and just provide the cake soon! :-)
'Christian worship must be Trinidadian.' What a neat idea and would really blow the socks off some folks... :)
So glad it went well and that the team is working together too.
Sounds awesome, Dorothy! And what wonderful, mature comments from your kids! I'm amazed. I think mine would come up with silly and ridiculous things to add!
So glad it went well! :-)
CAN YOU HEAR YET?!
Sounds like a wonderful, if loud, day!
Sounds like a great success! Wonderful suggestions for next time! YEA!
"Christian worship must be Trinidadian." LOL, makes a great visual in my brain!
AWESOME! This sounds fantastic.
I especially loved the input of Jack and Grace. Very good inputs. I love your multi-generational team. It's inspiring.
Trinidadian worship - very nice worship but the spell checker cracked me up. LOL
Post a Comment