....I was at a Revolution.
I've blogged about this before in The Iron Curtain - Our Part in Its Downfall.
There has been a lot about the momentous events of 1989 in the media lately, retrospectives on what happened in each of the Eastern European Countries and what has happened since. So, I've been thinking about it a lot. It was an enormous privilege to be in Prague that December, participating in its history.
I do TRY to be in the right place at the right time. Even if my track record on being present at armed robberies is not good.
See that old lady behind me?
Czech Secret Police.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think you should be grateful for that little old lady - she was fending off armed robbers for you obviously...
Oh and save that self portrait for one of those late night quizzes after Jack's famous :)
Never a dull moment in your house
Neat! I was actually there in the late 70's with my family. We were living in Germany at the time, and somehow my dad got a visa to go in to visit. Beautiful place...a blessing that the iron curtain fell.
Oh, I just read your 2007 post...too funny. I should add that we were NOT spies, lol, but my dad was with the U.S. Embassy. Somehow, they did allow us regulars to visit as well.
ROFLOL!
Post a Comment