Monday, February 02, 2009

Two Sides of the Road

I was driving through some pretty typical Oxfordshire countryside one afternoon, as I am wont to do, and was very much struck by the quality of the light that day. I tried to capture something of the day's atmosphere with my camera.

However, having lost the manual which came with this camera, I am never sure what I'm doing with it. I KNOW I'm not getting the best out of it.

Hence: One side of the road looked like this.
And the other side like this.

Obviously, I know it's not a great idea to point your camera towards the sun. Though this photo has some redeeming qualities, but I wish I'd known which knobs to twiddle to have got a slightly better picture.
Then you'd have seen the flock heavily pregnant sheep in the foreground! {vbg}

2 comments:

Paula said...

I really like the top half of the second picture--I would just crop off the bottom!

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Well they are very nice pictures.I can sort of make out the sheep in the second one! I too don't know how to use many of my camera's options.