Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chemistry Exams and Escaped Ponies

Ah, these young home-educated folk are clearly very stressed just before their first IGCSE Chemistry exam at the Montessori School.

The kids love it when I get my camera out. As you can see. Have you spotted my handsome son, yet?
Because they aren't school-educated they couldn't do the practical exam, but did a written paper called 'Alternative to Practical'.
What's a cation again?
Just after they left to meet their doom, I was called upon to help round up some escaped Shetland ponies. 30 minutes later, we managed to prevent them running down the drive and onto a main road. But they are very naughty little things and can't half move fast.

We had some rope, but no one knew how to lasso! LOL! We eventually corralled them into a small field next to the barn. I guess the grass was particularly sweet there!

7 comments:

The Bookworm said...

Hmm. Wonder which is the more educational. An "alternative to practical" chemistry exam, or learning to herd shetland ponies?

Hope the exam went well.

Serenata said...

LOL, you do know how to lead an exciting life Dorothy! Have to love the ponies.

I hope their exam went well.

Jackie said...

"Hmm. Wonder which is the more educational. An "alternative to practical" chemistry exam, or learning to herd shetland ponies? "

Oooh, I hope the latter ... cos if so, we're home and dry! Who needs exams!!!

Wild Homeschool Family said...

a test for Mum too with the ponies, LOL. The ponies are cute and of course Jack is the one making the silliest face for the camera!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I bet it's a huge relief to Jack to have these exams over.....loved the photos.

Romany said...

DeEtta,

It will be a relief for both of us when this exam period is over. 4 weeks to go!

Liz in OK said...

We've just finished up a very painful year of Chemistry. (I personally had Painful Chemistry once in high school & once in college & I'm pretty sure dh had it VERY painfully in college about three times but he wouldn't want us to talk about that, so forget I mentioned it).
We're just glad, glad, GLAD that is over.
And I don't remember diddly squat about cations but if you need me to do some stoichometry, just let me know.