She tells me it's about, 'How to be a good christian girl.' It's certainly having an effect on her. She says she feels 'closer to God', determined to bring up the subject of God at Guides to her friends there and has committed to starting 'Quiet Times' with God every day. Hey, it must be a cool book!
Jamie took Jack away for a special weekend, so Grace and I had a girly time. She insisted we did face masks and nail polish and watch a movie together. She also made me eat Tortilla chips and salsa. And just how am I supposed to lose weight when my family FORCE me to eat chips and dips?
The men of the family are due home in a couple of hours and our peace will be shattered briefly. Then Jamie is taking a horde of teens to a loud, live, teen Christian music/evangelistic event in Oxford. He's so lucky...
I have to stay home all by myself. Poor me.
Maybe I'll get some Quiet Time of my own in this evening.{g}
7 comments:
Looks like a great book!
#1 Tortilla chips count as whole grain and are therefore better than potato chips.
#2 Salsa must be no- or low-fat, and if you eat enough, certainly counts as a vegetable.
Oh dear. I hope you are not too lonely tonight. (wink)
Kristine,
Thanks for those invaluable weight loss tips!
I had a lovely time lazing around!
Dorothy
Dorothy! One of my favorite snacks is chips and salsa . . I did start buying the Baked Chips. Do they have those in England?
What age group do you recommend for that book? What do the chapters cover?
How lovely to hear her feeling closer to God as a result of this book. That's an excellent recommendation.
Sorry about the tortilla chips. :) The spa day sounds lovely.
I hate it when my childre make me eat foods I'd surely never pick up on my own. If it were my own choice it would be all healthy all the time (snort, hysterical laughter).
Sounds like a good book. I'm starting to look for things like that for Hayley.
We LOVE salsa here and I don't think it has too many calories. We also like the baked chips! Now our favorite chips are the ones we fry ourselves from tortilla or wraps and I'm sure those are LOADED with calories! So... are you still working out?
Kathy, I would say it's for girls aged about 10 to well, Grace's age (16). I've not read it but trust the author. Grace says she'd like to write a review of it for you ladies, so she can do that as part of her school work in the next few days.
Watch this space!
Post a Comment