Monday, January 07, 2008

Out to lunch

When I was a student at university, we had an expression: 'out to lunch', which meant slightly insane. Does it still mean that? I won't say when that was, see if you can guess. It was the year the UK entered the European Economic Union, the CN tower began construction in Toronto, Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon and Richard Nixon told some fibs.

But that was then and this is now.


Here's Windy, looking gorgeous. She's not really fat.
Just 15 months pregnant.


And here's moi. I'm not pregnant. Just fat.

I'm glad I got that straightened out.

7 comments:

The Bookworm said...

Honestly? You don't look old enough to have started uni *that* long ago. However decrepit / scrumdillyumptious you may feel.

Romany said...

Actually, thinking about it, I think I got that wrong by 2 years.

At my age, you get easily confused.

Hence my problem with the Lizzes of the world.

Anonymous said...

Miss Dorothy...You are not fat! not at all!

Laura said...

Dorothy -
You look lovely!!! And I had to laugh.... I remember feeling "15 months pregnant"!! :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

15 months pregnant. ::snort:: I don't think you look fat either - I think you look like you are having a delightful lunch with a friend.

Kristine said...

Well, you certainly are not fat. BUT if you had to choose, would you really want to be pregnant? (Meaning at this point in your life!)

Cynthia said...

I keep forgetting to mention that I LOVE the new pic in your header.