Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Nice Quiet Week!

Apart from church, we've been laying low the last week or so, relaxing at home. It's so unusual these days not to have to be charging around the countryside. Surprisingly, the kids aren't even bored and Jamie and I are only JUST starting to want to go out and meet with people again, so we obviously needed this time at home. A couple of neighbour boys have popped in once or twice but that's been it. Oh and we did have a family from church over for lunch last week, which was really good.

Grace has enjoyed wearing all her new clothes and listening to all her new music! Her chest is still bad, but she's beginning to perk up.
Jack has enjoyed watching movies and trying to make his ipod work properly. Though after a week that is starting to get old now.

Jamie and I are obsessed with a new game: Blokus Trigon. For days and days I could not win to save my life. But then I started a new strategy and have had some success. Jamie has an extremely mathematical mind and I, well, don't. So it gives me great pleasure to knock him off his perch occasionally!

And then...

...we play with Jack and he destroys both of us!

I think we have finally found a more engaging and addictive game than Carcassonne, which reigned supreme in this house for three years as the King of Games!

The king is dead! Long Live the King!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

So glad Grace is feeling better.

We have regular Blokus and Bessie has been eyeing the Trigon version...looks like that will go on our new game list.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, we were given this for Christmas too, and I agree - it is fabulous. Many happy evenings ahead, methinks...

Happy new year to one and all.
Liz

Emily said...

I have never heard of that game. I will have to look for it here in the states. Also, continued prayers go up for Grace . . glad to hear she is starting to feel better.
Also, when you have a minute can you "email" me your mailing address :-) Have a blessed and Happy New Year. I am so glad that about 8 years ago I found SHS. That list has brought me such wonderful friends. I know I will probably not have a chance to meet most I meet there but you all have become very dear to me throughout the years. God bless and Happy New Year!

Romany said...

Hi Liz,

I'm embarrassed to ask...which of the 3 Lizes I know are you?

Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Looking at that photo, can we say, peas in a pod?
Jackie
(How many Jackies do you know? I'm the one with the five goats and a ferret. Wot? WHICH one with the five goats and a ferret?!)

Romany said...

Yes, Jamie and Jack are alarmingly similar! I'm always getting their names mixed up as it is, which doesn't bode well for the future.{g}

Are you the Jackie with 5 goats, a ferret and the Lambourghini?

Or the other one?

Cynthia said...

This post made me realize that for the first time in a very long time I don't think we bought a single new game for Christmas.