Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Goodbye Holly!

Holly went to join her cousin, Ivy, in the Great Big Prairie in the Sky on Saturday. All rather traumatic, but here they are in happier times with the Boy Who Loved Them.
Jack was 7 and had just won an award from Cub(Scouts) for the Best Informed Pet Owner. The vet who judged the competition was very impressed with them.
I think our Guinea Pig days are over.
The kids have been campaigning for a dog. But dogs are a LOT of responsibility and I don't think it's going to happen.

11 comments:

Serenata said...

So sorry to hear about Holly, she had a good long life and you did your very best for her.

You are right Dogs are a HUGE responsibility and quite a tie - hence why we don't tend to go away a lot. Mind you we do have two - most places will accept one 'small well-behaved' dog. We wouldn't be without our though and love them dearly.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about little Holly. It is amazing the effect such little animals can have on our hearts.

Regarding a dog, I vote for a Standard Poodle. :^) It's really not like a dog - Standard Poodles are like intelligent humans with lots of curls.

Stephanie said...

Such a sad day you had! I'm sorry to hear about Holly but I'm sure everyone is thankful that she isn't suffering. It's hard to lose one so attached to our hearts and memories.

I'm another big (or rather fanatic lol) dog owner. We love our pups. If we had more room, we'd have more dogs. :) We have two, and it does impact where we go and what we do but we wouldn't change it either.

Jennifer said...

awww.. poor Holly. Well, she was well loved. You had her alot longer then any of our piggies lived, what is your secret? LOL, anyway sorry to hear about little Holly.

Romany said...

Hey everyone, there IS NO DOG POll! LOL!

Jennifer, I think it has a lot to do with diet. We hit on a good source of pellets, lots of VitC rich fresh food and she got grass most of the year and we took them indoors in winter. Hope that helps.

Cynthia said...

So sorry about the loss of your pet, Holly.

Late congrats on the BEST INFORMED PET OWNER award. Shows he really cared about his pets!

Debbie said...

Sad news about your little piggie. It is always so hard to lose a pet.

Kristine said...

Oh, so sorry about your Holly....

The last thing I'd want is a(nother) dog--they are about as much work as a kid, except that I don't love them quite nearly as much. Robert's been pulling for one for a while.

Alexandra said...

So sorry to hear about Holly. :( What wonderful memories. Jack is so cute with his pets.

Jodi said...

So sorry about Holly, it's hard even when it is their time. She had a good long life. The pic of little Jack with both piggies is cute!

We're enjoying our black lab puppy and that breed would fit in with your active lifestyle...oh no dog poll you say. OK never mind!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm sorry to hear about Hollie. I hate losing pets.