But 2006 was the hottest, driest summer since records began, with temps reaching an all time record high of 100*F. Unfortunately, that was the summer Jamie was in hospital and the cat (who'd been badly injured in an accident) was not allowed out of the house for 2 months, which meant keeping all the windows closed.{sigh!} We didn't really get to enjoy that summer. Can we please have it back again?
I miss that summer's heat.
Actually, I just miss summer.
Having got that out of the way{g}, here's a picture of some flowers a friend gave me. I love getting flowers!
I took the kids out to the ice-cream farm last week. It's a lovely, old-fashioned 'ice-cream parlour' right there on the farm, though it always seems empty when we are there.
7 comments:
What fun! And, those are my favorite flowers. :)
What a fun place to go get ice cream! Wishing you could have some summer. My aunt came from Munich this summer and commented that she was really enjoying the warm weather here. I don't know if it ever warmed up there or not, but it hadn't at the time she was here.
Oh.. and you're welcome here anytime. It's been 90-10 for 2 months now!
Huh, "Little sun, lots of wind, clouds and some rain." If you changed that to "lots of rain" you would be describing our summer weather this year which has been highly unusual. In fact, "they" are reporting that we've gotten an extra 40 inches of rain this month alone!! It's been really crazy & we've been having rain just about every single day for the last month at least.
No one asked about Jack's two cones? Is he a two-fisted coner, or is he holding yours? (grin)
Oh my! They have grown up since I last saw them!
Jack gets two ice creams? Extra hungry? Extra good boy? Was he especially calm and needed a sugar rush? :^)
Post a Comment