Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas Planner

I had a go at making this today. (Click for step by step instructions on Youtube.)


It's just waiting for me to find some thin red ribbon to thread through the holes in the front and back covers which will tie it up.

It was fun! I made a very small one from a 12" by 12" square of scrapbooking card. Then, I filled it with little planner pages from OrganizedChristmas.com All tied up neatly with ribbon, it will fit in my handbag.


It's very sweet and would make a nice gift for someone.

Except, I'm going to keep it! LOL!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent job, Dorothy! Your organizer appears entirely professional! For the past few Christmases, I've used a combination of spreadsheets, Word documents and a binder. But a sturdy purse-sized planner such as this would be far superior. Thanks for sharing your photographs and links:)

Romany said...

Thanks, Heather!

I have a binder too. It helps me to think things through, but I thought this little planner would be usfeul to keep in my handbag for when I'm out and about or waiting for one of the kids in the car!

The Bookworm said...

That looks lovely!

Debbie said...

Wow, Dorothy, I think yours is just as nice looking as the one in the tutorial. Great job!

Laura said...

Wow! I just love this! Your planner is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

Very festive. Ahhhhh... the joys of having the children grow older - more time for fun.

Romany said...

I'm supposed to have more time now the kids are older????LOL!

No, it's because dh is away this weekend at a worship leaders' conference, with the car, so we can't go anywhere, and I'm still not 100% after being ill for weeks, so I couldn't do too much.

Renee, I can't even imagine having more time for fun. At least when they were little they napped and went to bed early!{g}

Stephanie said...

You crack me up with your comments about more time for fun! We had less time once our older girls were teenagers too, and now we have our youngest heading in that direction faster than I can think! But, it's all fun. Just not the same kind of fun!

I love your organizer. You did a beautiful job. I might have to try it, though it won't look as beautiful as yours! Thanks for sharing it. This tutorial is a wonderful find!

berrypatch said...

I loved the tutorial- thanks for sharing. Yours turned out just great! I may have to make one to use! ;-)

Cynthia said...

That's really cute, Dorothy! My friend and I just got back from a scrapbooking convention and we made all sorts of little mini photo books some of which look similar to your organizer, but for photos.

Jodi said...

So cute!