My week in Numbers
250, the number of Life-Songs fliers I've handed out
200, The miles I've driven
140, the strawberries from the garden I've eaten
50, The songs I've sung
25, the loads of laundry I've washed, dried and occasionally, also ironed
14, the meals I've prepared
10, the past exam papers for the Religious Studies 'O Level' I've printed off
9, the number of times I've had an automated phone call from someone offering me a way to get out of debt
8, the hours I've spent trying to persuade friends that no, home-educators are not doing so in order to hide and abuse their children
7, the hours I put into teaching descriptive essay writing to Jack
6, the hours I've worked in my garden, watering and weeding
5, the number of times a day I remind other family members to do their chores
4, The number of hours PER DAY I've been putting into combating the Badman Report to radically alter the nature of Home Education in the UK
3, the hours I've spent researching how worship style affects church growth
2, the hours I've put into the Wii Fit programme
1, the responses I've had from my Member of Parliament about the Badman Report informing me that Home Educators need to 'demonstrate to the community that they are no harm to the welfare of a child'.
0, The number of hours I spent in the hammock reading Re-Jesus
'Nuff said.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Bah! Grrr! How long before they insist all parents must "demonstrate to the community that they are no harm to the welfare of a child". Spit!
Well done and thank you for spending all that time dealing with the review stuff. I struggle to find the time or the energy to do more than the minimum - conversations, petitions etc.
Hope you make yourself some hammock time soon.
Ridiculous! I'm worn out just reading what you've done this week!
At least you got to enjoy strawberries....
You certainly have a lot of BIG things going on in your life right now!
'demonstrate to the community that they are no harm to the welfare of a child'.
That's a bit backwards! The onus should be on them to prove otherwise. The state always has the burden of proving there was harm - innocent until proven guilty in a free society. Does the homeschool community have any organized special interest groups with legal representation? It sounds like you need it.
8 was bad enough but 1 made me so sad. Thank you for having the energy to do something.
Hope you get some hammock time soon!
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much work and stress. I wish I had something to offer re; fighting the government on the HE laws. It's so different here though with Home ed laws being based on what state you live in and are different all over the country. When our state had a problem hundreds of homeschool families sent letters to their representatives and most also attended the meetings. Just seeing how many people they would be up against seemed to help the local Home ed rules not get made worse. For this round anyway. I'm sure it will all happen again.
Post a Comment