Saturday, October 17, 2009

And the world, and the world turns around

Moving on, we have the usual silliness this weekend. That is, extraordinary busyness.

Grace and I are going into Oxford for an Adult Support Services Resources Fair. Strictly speaking, this is for teens in transition (aged 16-18) with learning difficulties, not autism, so we are not sure how helpful it will be. Autism is not considered a special need in this country yet. But may be soon, if the Autism Bill gets through Parliament. We're meeting another girl from Grace's college course and her mum for a lunch first.

Jack and Jamie are helping out at the combined ordination/induction of our pastor at church. He was out last night getting things set up for the music group and trying to make sure there is a good sound at the place they've hired for the event. Today, there are rehearsals and then the event followed by tea and clearing up. Jamie decided for various character-building reasons that Jack would not be playing in the band today but working on car park duty. {g} But don't feel too sorry for him, he has been invited to a party in Oxford on Saturday night!

Tomorrow, we have to start working on the Life-Songs Battle of the Bands event next weekend. (A weekend off? Are you kidding?) Grace will get a much needed breather at home and Jack will be swotting for his exam on Monday. Apparently, Paper 1 went very badly yesterday. A chance to redeem himself with Paper 2. Or do the re-sit in the summer! {g}

Me, I'm still waiting for the results of the biopsy and hoping that no news means good news. In the mean time, I am unable to focus on anything much, which is very bad news for the housework. I couldn't even think of what to cook for dinner yesterday, so frozen pizza it was. (Well, it got cooked. It wasn't frozen when they ate it.)

Normal life? I can't even remember what that feels like...

10 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Normal is only a word on a dryer's dial and I don't have a dryer.

:hug: for the biopsy news and the fair - hope something useful comes out of it not to mention all the other stuff you're dealing with at the mo'.

Good luck to J for his paper Monday.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh forgot to say - we had pizza from the freezer for similar reasons last night :) Nothing wrong with that - it is why they are there after all!

Yvonne said...

Normal life? I long for the days when my biggest problem was finding the crayons, or washing the dishes!

I wish I had appreciated those days a little more...

Linda said...

I know exactly what you mean, Dorothy! Let's just say "Crazy is the new normal." :)

Renee said...

It's okay to feed the family frozen pizza - if it's cooked. My family was served frozen fish sticks and french fries (not nearly as good as English fish and chips served in newspaper) last night.
Does Jack drive? Or will he just be directing folks to their parking spot?

Wild Homeschool Family said...

From busyness to busyness!

I was hoping you would have your results by now. Praying it's soon.

Romany said...

Hi Renee,

Jack is only 15 and you can't drive until 17 here. He was just directing cars and people.

Funny you should mention chips. Jamie's just gone off to the chippy. Dinner tonight = chip butties.

Okay, translation. Chip Butties are sandwhiches with buttered WHITE bread and fries in the middle, possibly with the addition of tomato ketchup. Or mayonnaise if you're posh. ;-)

We'll have them with orange juice. Then, of course, it'll be a complete meal. {cough!}

I must try and actually COOK something tomorrow.

Cynthia said...

While we don't have all the pressing unknowns that you have, we too suffer from wishing things were "normal" and trying to come to grips with the fact that this IS the new normal......

Liz in OK said...

Ditto to what Yvonne said.
I've been wondering as well if you've heard anything. I tried today to get a dr to give me a little more info, no luck, and agree with you that waiting is ever so frustrating. Are you feeling any better?

Romany said...

'I tried today to get a dr to give me a little more info, no luck, and agree with you that waiting is ever so frustrating.'

Is this about your father or your son, Liz?