Monday, October 05, 2009

Montreux is proud of its rock history

A statue of Freddie Mercury seemed strange to encounter, however.

Okay, that reminds me that the last time I watched Jamie's band from VIP seats, I was sitting next to Brian May. I'm really nervous about going to the Royal Albert Hall next weekend with Grace and Jack to see him do his star turn encore of She Sells Sanctuary. What if he trips up on the way onto the stage? What if he hurts his back jumping off an amp? What if he forgets the bass line? (He says, don't be daft, it's only 4 notes.)For the last 25 years Jamie has had dreams about being on stage and realising he's forgotten to put his trousers on. What if he forgets to put his trousers on? {g}
I worry about the weirdest things.

Up an Alp. Jamie thought the sign pretty funny. I liked the cross at the summit.

The shoreline of Lake Geneva, from the funicular railway.

The rebuilt 'gambling house'.
Only thing missing from this picture is a wifey. That fountain makes me want to take my shoes off and paddle.

5 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous photos - and if didn't know you'd stayed home I'd figure you were hiding behind the camera. Hope the gig goes well next week and J remembers his trousers. :lol:

berrypatch said...

I agree with Jamie - I literally LOL'd when I saw it. :-)

Kristine said...

A Freddie Mercury statue...now I may have just seen everything!

Wild Homeschool Family said...

I didn't realize it was so soon. Hope it goes/went well, trousers and all :-).

Gigi Lynn said...

How did the weekend go?