There were 9 acts, 4 judges, a bigger audience than we expected and a very wide range in quality of performance. Above is Jack's band. He's on the left. Below is Grace's band. She's singing.
The winning band, which I don't have a good picture of, were excellent! They had been on the point of splitting up, so winning the free studio time to record a couple of songs, plus the commendation of the judges, turned them around. They write their own material and have a great sound and look. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go very far! I can't wait to hear their cd when it's made. Well done, Cloud 99!.
By 11.00am on the day of the competition Jamie and I were tearing our hair out, swearing to each other that we would NEVER work with teenagers again! But by the end of the evening, which had gone so well, we were feeling very satisfied and thankful to God and, well, proud of what had just happened. LOL! Now we have more of an idea of what to expect, we will be doing it again. Bigger and better.
.
And it's all hands on deck now for the next Life-Songs concert on 21st November. As I've said before: No Peace For The Wicked and Jamie and I must have been very, very wicked. {g}
9 comments:
Lovely to have you visit my new blog Dorothy. I am trying to focus on the positive and keep myself busy. It seems to be working somewhat. I can't find your email address - I think my mailbox has archived it?! I am still having a lot of problems with my arm and shoulder and wake several times every night with pins and needles or pain. I've got to go back to the specialist in Nov. Still not playing :-( or driving much.
Glad that the battle of the bands went well.
I'm amazed at all you do! How wonderful to be able to put on such great musical opportunities!
Dorothy, sounds like it was a great hit! (Haha, no pun intended!) Bless you and Jamie for encouraging these kids to use their talents in a Godly way!
You guys are awesome!
Rock on! 4/4 on the root note. On the one! And just make sure you all end on the same cymbal. Job's a good one!
Sounds like it went well despite the teenagers. (VBG).
You're hilarious, Dorothy.
It's the teenagers that bring on dementia, don't you know? At least here at my house, that's how it's working.
Does that mean the more teens you have living in your house at any time, the more demented you become, Liz? I can believe it.
Even Jamie have a few grey hairs these days! And he's a very chilled person! LOL!
The Yoof are asking for another BofB soon...
What a wonderful opportunity. Great idea. Well done....I look forward to reading about future events....maybe a little less hair pulling with each event. LOL
Post a Comment