Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteens

Life's Little Pleasures
****************
1. A cup of tea (darjeeling, milk and one sugar, please) made by my dear husband every morning.

2. Time to myself. Anyhow, anywhere and for any reason.

3. A teenager who is still prepared to be kissed by their irritiating mother.

4. Finally understanding something about the Bible that has been bothering me for years.

5. An unexpected note or small gift from a friend.

6. A new book! Even a new second-hand book!

7. A meal I did not cook.

8. A 'thank you' from my husband.

9. A purr from our mainly silent, semi-wild cat.

10. A pair of silver earrings.

11. A good laugh. An episode of Blackadder will usually produce one.

12. Watching a toddler discover the world.

13. A whole night's sleep...one day.

9 comments:

Jodi said...

number 7 would be on my list, maybe even at the top!

Kristine said...

Oh, yes, that alone time! Everyone else goes to bed here by 10, but I stay up til midnight, and I'm the first one up at 6:15, with at least another hour to myself.

It's alone time with my dh that I crave. Even a trip to the hardware store, just the two of us, is one of my pleasures!

VERY sweet that Jamie makes you tea each morning. It was very positive for my marriage when I began getting up with dh a few years ago, making him breakfast every morning. (Now he goes to work much later though.)

Kathy in WA said...

What a lovely idea for a post. I might have to steal it and write one myself. I like those thank you/praising type blog moments. Your sweet family and your life together comes right through in your writing. You are doing a great job of capturing it all.

The Bookworm said...

I do enjoy your Thursday Thirteens. Hope you don't mind if I pinch some of your ideas occasionally. (Imitation is the best form of flattery, and all that!)

Romany said...

Hey ladies,

Thursday Thirteen isn't my idea, so please do copy it. {g} I do get stuck thinking of titles sometimes, but I'm sure you all can think of some I can pinch!

There's a blog ring for it, but as this blog is pretty private I didn't want to join.

There's also one for Works For Me Wednesday, whcih is household tips. I like the idea of that one too!

Dorothy

Yvonne said...

I'm right there with you on #4,6 and 7.
{smile} ~Yvonne

Cynthia said...

The Works for me Wed and Th 13 sound interesting. I think I better stick with ONE project this year though... I better stick with Project 365 and call it good... but I'd like to look into some of those other ones for next year!

Cynthia said...

The Works for me Wed and Th 13 sound interesting. I think I better stick with ONE project this year though... I better stick with Project 365 and call it good... but I'd like to look into some of those other ones for next year!

Emily said...

Great list Dorothy!!!