Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Betty's Doings

My hosts drove me across Oxfordshire the other night to their friends' house for dinner. We had Tex-Mex food and a game of Cranium. I'm afraid that I beat all the humans, but that is only to be expected, given my superior intellect.

I will have to give them a head start next time to make it fair.

I had some time between engagements so I caught up with a little light reading.

Grace and Jack took me off to their gymnastics class. I hope I didn't embarrass them with my excellent gymnastic skills. Well, we ducks are terribly acrobatic , you know. No, that's isn't the real Olga Korbut in the background, just a picture.
Actually, Jack, I didn't really need any help. I'm very good at this sort of thing!


Then, the sun was out, so I just sort of hung out in the garden.


See you again soon!

4 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Dorothy-I LOVE hearing all about Betty's travels. These are hysterical! Are you coming up with the ideas and dialogue or are the children getting into it as well. Jodi's kids must be having a total ball following Betty's exciting adventures. I'm so glad you're posting it on the blog. Very clever.

Jodi said...

They are having a ball, especially my middle two. Hayley and Colin are the ones in our house who are sick this week but they are laughing and laughing about these posts.

Hayley is glad that Betty has a book about a duck to read. Tristan said "did you put her in the washing machine for a bath?" I think because he sees her "hanging out on the line. LOL

They did not realise that Betty has gymnastic talents and we will have to encourage her in that pursuit.

Kristine said...

Tex Mex food? In London? Isn't that like having fish and chips in Colorado?

I guess it's better than Peking Du---- uh-oh, I'd better not go there . . . .

Ducking in CO, er, um . . .

Romany said...

Kristine,

Our friend Arnetta is American. {g}

Fish and chips isn't our national dish though, bleuch!

Apparently, the most frequently cooked and sold dish in England is Chicken tikka (curry)! LOL!

You are giving me blogging ideas though.

Dorothy