Sunday, March 11, 2007

Our Trip to London By Petty Puddles

My hosts took me into London on Friday which was kind of them. I wanted a word with Tony Blair about the International Duck Crisis (Bird Flu) so I asked them to take me right to his office in the Houses of Parliament.


That's me waiting at the station in Jack's backpack. He doesn't actually realise I am in this shot. His mum is very sneaky. We were in the tube (the underground train) when Dorothy suddenly shot out of her seat and dragged us up several escalators to the open air. She was looking worried about something and we jumped onto a bus. Well, what a commotion. My feathers were quite ruffled!


I liked our bus though. It took us past lots of interesting sites, including this one. Do you know they have Duck Tours of London? Dorothy told the kids that this was a boat on wheels that can drive around the city and then into the River Thames. Tsk Tsk, but she was quite wrong. It was OBVIOUSLY the vehicle that Tony Blair had sent to pick me up. You see, it even says London Duck Tours across the top. I waved at the driver, but he didn't see me. Oh well.


We went into Westminster Abbey in the morning to see all the famous people's tombs. We saw some wonderful things but not one SINGLE monument to a duck. Outrageous!


There are all sorts of famous ducks in history. Don't the English know this? How about Duck of the Antarctic? Lord Duck of Burma. Robin Duck. Peking Duck. Duck Nightingale. George W Duck. Atilla the Duck. (The less said about him the better.)
So, we went into the Houses of Parliament, had a very nice tour and listened to part of a debate in the House of Commons. But then they told us that Mr Blair wasn't available to discuss the Duck Crisis with me as he was apparently 'too busy'. Humpf....the nerve of the man!


This next picture was one which Dorothy didn't want to take. Something about photos not being allowed inside the grounds of the Palace of Westminster. Dear Me. I told her not to be such a wimp and take one of me immediately. It didn't come out very well, did it? You can't see me at all!So, I made Jamie photoshop it a little to bring out my inner duck.We went for a walk along the river. I so wanted to have a little swim, but it looked a bit muddy, so I sat on the Embankment instead.


Can you spot the duck in this next picture?

Well, I did have a nice time in London, even if I didn't get to see the Prime Minister. I especially like this next photo.
Would any of Jodi's children like to think of a good title for it?
I want to fly to the top of that clock! suggested by Colin.
Bye for now!

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Believe it or not, I am closely following the adventures of Betty Puddles. So far it looks like she is having great fun. Thank you for giving us giggles, D. ~Yvonne

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

LOL Love seeing all the spots Betty Puddles is going....we have a duck bus just like that one in Seattle.....saw it last Feb.

Jodi said...

Apparently we are going to ponder the title for that picture as nobody came up with one right away. one quick spotter, Colin, said that etty is in Grace's hood. We all agree that he seems to be right.

I never knew there were duck tours in London now. That would be so fun. For now we can live vicariously through Betty Puddles' adventures. I would love to get the kids there before they are grown, two of them have never been and the other two were too young to remember. Betty will have to remind us to save our pennies when she comes home!

Some of the things you mention about Grace sound so much like Trevor. He is quite an enforcer of "rules" and at a younger age used to shout at DH when he was going over the speed limit as he was breaking the law! LOL We went to a birthday party friday and he didn't want some of the sodas and goodies because he has heard that they aren't good for you and he takes that seriously too. One rather outspoken mom said to me, "that is just weird". Sigh, yes that's my kid, the weird one.

Anyway back to Betty, we are so glad that she got there in time to see London. 've got one sick child today, hayley, and this was a nice distraction before bed. They like looking at you clock too, just said it's the middle of the night there! Yes Betty must be sleeping. Tristan hopes she wasn't too worried when there was a scare on the underground. He's my child who seems to have a slight issue with telling real from pretend, we are just glad he no longer hopes to be an alien when he grows up.

That was a long comment, Sorry! Tonight the 'rest of the Fowlers' leave the square on our screens and so I will have to get all teary again. Hee hee

Romany said...

Please reassure Tristan that Betty had no idea what was really going on.

I think think that is a strong characteristic of hers! {vbg}

Dorothy

Jodi said...

I have reassured Tristan. They wanted to re-visit this post. Colin has decided that the picture should be titled:"I want to fly to the top of the clock".

Kristine said...

Love the photos. I love seeing the London pics in general, and ducky comments are even better!

My dad visited the original London Bridge this past weekend, which is now in NW Arizona. Kind of an odd place for it to end up, don't you think?

Romany said...

Kristine,

The original burned down in the C11th.

'Old London Bridge', the one with the shops and houses on, lasted 600 years but was replaced by New London Bridge in about 1800.

That one started to sink so it was sold and rebuilt in Arizona.

Fortunately we have more than one now, but for centuries there was one one bridge across the river in London!

Dorothy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge