Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Betty Declares 'Spring is a Good Thing'.

I'm very much enjoying Spring in England. This is Dorothy's back garden.

It really needs weeding. I shall have to have a word with her about that. Oh and here are some violets and celandine. I think they show off my plummage beautifully, don't you agree?
Mmmm....the scent of blossom is in the air!

Oxfordshire has lots of these woolly things with waggly little tails. I think the little one was trying to communicate with me. I wonder what it was trying to say?

Ah! Rhubarb growing in Dorothy's garden. Soon it will be ready to eat! Rhubarb and ginger crumble with hazlenuts. I can hardly wait!


You know, Trevor, Hayley, Colin and Tristan. I think we should definitely have Spring in March back home. When I get home I'm going to write to the King of New Hampshire and get that organized! (What's his name again?)
Goodbye all!
Betty Puddles

7 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Very impressive garden (even with the weeds). Spring is definitely coming in nicely there. I'm so glad Betty is going to speak to the King of New Hampshire and do something about their cold weather. Maybe she can also help Dorothy with the weeding.

Debbie said...

Oh, oh, oh...I want to be Betty. Dorothy, can I come visit...I'll stuff myself in an envie and mail myself. Spring...ahh...it all looks so lovely.

Betty looks like she is having a terriific time. Maybe spring will at least be making an attempt at arrival when she comes home.

I'm very much enjoying Betty's adventures.

Jodi said...

Much roflol about the King of New Hampshire here.

My children, especially Hayley, get quite silly and enjoy your humor. I have to read some of these twice with them as Hayley is giggling so much! You are entertainment in their days.

Hayley thinks the small lamb is saying "I want to eat you Betty", Tristan thinks it is neighing like a horse(strange child). Colin thinks it's saying I want to play with you. Trevor didn't have a comment on what it might be saying.

Hayley and Colin think that Betty does not miss the snow one little bit. They wish for you to pass on the message that is is melting here, just slowly.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What a great idea, Jodi. It's been fun to follow the journey of your traveling animals....I agree with Debbie - I want to be Betty and visit Dorothy. LOL

Kristine said...

These duck posts are a RIOT! I read a few the other day but didn't get a chance to post. I like the purple flowers in the background--goes well with yellow flowers!

Dh pointed out that our yellow daffodils are out too!

Salar37_Shushan said...

Absolutely agree! Spring has dressed herself in lovely robes in your backyard.

Your duck is so cute! I like where the lamb is looking at the stuffed duck like..whhaa??

LOL!!

Unknown said...

Dorothy, I'm enjoying your narration of Betty's travels. You are such a great writer - you need to write books! I'm reserving one of your first editions now!