Friday, February 15, 2008

February Funk!

Thanks Renee, for giving it a name!

It's that feeling I get at this time of year. The long, slow slog through a long 'school' year. The weather is bad and we can't get out much. We're all bored and tired and cold and eat too much carbohydrate because fruits and veg are expensive.

But we've hit half term in the middle term of the year, which means....dun dun daaaa!

WE'RE HALF WAY THROUGH THE SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!

Yippee!!!!

It's a good job you can't see me now because I'm dancing around the kitchen, singing The Only Way Is Up, in my pink dressing gown with blue and black striped fuzzy socks and I have Bed Hair.

I know...a lovely image. I just hope you already had your breakfast before you read this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But Dorothy ... how can you be *sure* we can't see you .....


jackie

Yvonne said...

Well, D, the truth be told, I'm sitting here in my pink, striped, jammies, with a bed head and only one eye open. How's that for a mental picture? I'm right there with you in celebrating a year half over. Somehow or other, we've gotten a month behind...and so we'll be doing lessons into July. But I'm so thankful we homeschool and can adjust any which way we want to in order to get the job done!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

LOL Well Feb's are always insanely busy with birthdays and such that I don't get the Feb Funk. I do begin to feel that the "holiday season" will never end....LOL We are not 1/2 way thru our year yet...Hmmmm I should probably feel that funk soon. LOL

Linda said...

Ah, Dorothy, that's a beautiful picture to me... knowing that I have "sisters" all over the place battling our way through the Feb. funk together no matter how awful we all look!

Renee said...

This past weekend it was February weather - a whopping -8*..... but today it's like spring 11* (those temps are for Dorothy, the rest of you will have to figure out the conversion)