I don't like this week so far.
Monday
Church problems, more people telling us they're leaving. More evidence of things not being as they should be. Very little work accomplished with Jack as he's coming down with something. Had to write a stern email about intolerant behaviour on my local HE list. Waiting for some flack for that. (Which, amazingly, didn't happen! In fact, someone asked if they could quote me in her group. Huh?)
Tuesday
Jamie in London overnight with work. I hate him being away overnight. I went to an INSET training day with other HE'ers to be able to moderate CoPE qualifications. Very cold in the rugby club where we met. Grace stayed home from college with a bad back. Jack has a horrible cold. I felt guilty at leaving them both home all day. Phone calls from friends, hurt at church. Why do Christians shoot their wounded?
Wednesday
Problems with some of the teens at our home-ed group. Parents not standing up to their own children. Frustrated and wondering how much longer we'll continue the the group. It's the entry of newcomers just out of school which has thrown the balance of the group out completely. Jamie home and busy. I get to see Patience, just back from Africa. I've missed her.
Thursday
Spent the day on the phone trying to sort out a new venue for our art class. Unsuccessful. Grace dragged me out for a walk and we discovered that a car had been set alight round the corner, overnight, at the weekend. Lots of rubbish around and people's gardens very untidy. I worry about our little estate. No one seems to take care of anything.
Jamie gets home and takes Jack to Birmingham to see the re-formed band which he used to be the bass player for. All that Backstage Pass, Meet'n'Greet, entourage stuff. The singer and guitarist (both of whom have lived in LA since Jamie left) were very happy to see him, chatted for a long time and asked him to jump up on stage and do encores with them when they play some gig in the summer. Hmmm. Famous rock photographer takes a picture of Jamie with the new bassist. Jack witnesses some of the lifestyle, which will hopefully put him right off any rock-star ambitions. Everyone expresses surprise that Jamie's still with the same wife. I'm wondering how to take THAT! {vbg}
Friday
Everyone else is coming down with Jack's cold. Hard to get any sensible work out of anyone. More time on the phone trying to hire a hall. Grace's singing lesson. My feet are cold. Stress levels quite high but subsiding. Still can't find my pulse in time to check for arrhythmia. I'm pretty sure nothing unusual happens during my palpitations. I'm tired and want to lie in the sun and warm up and eat fruit that hasn't travelled 1,000's of miles.
We have another full weekend coming up.
And we don't stop until April, when we're away for New Word Alive
I can't wait.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
February. Ugh!
February? Here I was thinking for the first time ever that February wasn't anything as bad as previous years, in fact I thought the weather had been surprisingly good.
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time at the moment Dorothy with both Church and the Home-Ed group. Hope you will still be going on a Wednesday when I can finally come over - was thinking of around 19th March?
Ugh indeed. Sorry to hear it was a hard week and that you're all getting sick now.
"Why do Christians shoot their wounded?"
If you find out the answer to this, could you let me know?
Jackie
Lorraine,
That week is in the middle of the Easter break so we won't be there then. They start back again on 9th April.
Oh is it? Our schools don't break up until 20th so thought you might be going until then. I'll have to aim for the 9th April then - going to write it in my diary!
Oh, Dorothy, it sounds like a very challenging time right now. :( Saying a prayer for you here.
Post a Comment