I am exhausted! The ASDAN portfolios were handed in to the moderator this morning, thank goodness. So that's one concern out of the way. Last week the kids and I worked on getting them finished, all the tedious admin bits and pieces and checking every little thing. For three days, I worked solidly, with either Grace or Jack, from 8.00 am until 6.00pm with only a 5 min lunch break. I am not used to that. LOL! I haven't worked like that since I was a school teacher! Remind me not to go back into full-time teaching!
Thursday was our regular Art Workshop which was fun, but it's starting to get a little difficult with the behaviour of two of the boys who take part. I was quite stressed at the end of the day and lay awake thinking of possible solutions that night. Again, remind me not to go back to full-time teaching. I couldn't take the constant discipline issues!
On Friday, I walked, as Jamie had the car, to the hair salon. I do like going there. It somehow makes me feel like a real person. {g} For 10 years I couldn't afford to have my hair cut or coloured professionally, but I do it now and it feels great! Jamie came home early as we had tickets to see STOMP! in Oxford, cheap matinee seats with our home-ed group. It was brilliant. If you ever get a chance to go, do!
On Saturday morning, Jamie and I headed off to IKEA for some necessary bits and pieces for church and a new computer chair for me, as my previous one had fallen to pieces. The problem with being married for so long is that you end up having to replace everything you got when you first set up home together! Not that we had a computer chair or a computer back then, but furniture replacement is becoming a regular feature of our lives these days! {g}
In the afternoon, we worked for about several hours on the One Voice music celebration we're planning for March. We finally settled on a running order that made sense. There are going to be 5 new songs for the musicians to learn, but plenty more that we all know reasonably well. We have the shape of the evening all sorted. Testimony-givers have been chosen, an interviewer picked, flyers and posters made. It's coming along.
On Sunday, we were not required for any 'work' so we ambled in at 10.25, en famille. Wow! That is so unusual these days. It felt delightfully decadent not to be there for hours and hours doing hard graft. I even had time to make a proper Sunday lunch with roast chicken, roast potatoes, gravy, bread sauce and all the vegies we like. Jamie had a small nut roast.
In the evening, Jamie and Jack went in to our Oxford church, but the busy-ness of the week finally hit me so I satyed home and I fell asleep on the sofa whilst Grace watched Wild At Heart on tv. We decided the scripts of that show are so predictable that Grace could write them. Which gave me a terrific idea for a writing assignment for both the kids.{vbg}
This week is half term, so we are relaxing. Or rather, the kids are relaxing. Jamie is working hard and when he's not at work he'll be knocking our youth band into shape for next week's service. And I'm catching up with some cooking, cleaning and sorting. Might even get around to answering some emails too. If I owe you one, please forgive me. I just haven't had the right frame of mind for answering them lately, so distracted!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
An IKEA store opened in Orlando several months ago, the first one anywhere near us. I have been salivating over a chance to go! I've looked at their stuff online, but I like to see furniture in person! LOL!
Oh I love STOMP! I would love to see them again.
Sounds like a busy week, nice that you had a Sunday off from Church work.
Ooh, I was hoping to see a photo of your haircut! I don't know if I'll ever pay someone to color my hair. I lighten it myself. Even when I went to the oh-so-wonderful Toni & Guy training school where coloring was quite reasonably priced, I didn't have the luxury of the TIME it took. But I sure loved the $7 haircuts, they were better than I could get anywhere else and pay 5 times more. I'm rather missing that here!
Kristine, when it was an all over colour, I did it myself. I have different strands of colour put in now. It looks so much better, I'm really pleased with it. The solid colour on so much grey just didn't look right any more. {Decrepitude, remember!} And I LOVE the time it takes. It's the only time I get to just sit and think. {g}
I get a special allowance from the govt now for carers (someone who takes care of a person with a disability) and it's wonderful to be able to use it for something frivolous for ME, to help me feel better about myself.
I should be sensible and put it in a pension...{sigh}
Linda, we had to go back again yesterday too! The 99p breakfasts lured us back. {vbg}
Post a Comment