We set off quite early as the Chiltern Gateway Visitors Centre is 90 minutes from home. We drove past Whipsnade zoo, in which some of the animals were seen in the fields. We passed bison and wallabies.
Grace wasn't particularly looking forward to the walk. Charlie and Jack don't like their photo being taken. LOL!
Oh, they got over that!
Assembling.Anyone know which direction we're going in?
Oh no, there's your mum with the camera again. Quick! Run!
A popular spot for gliding. You can see the white planes lined up on the airfield below Jamie.At least the moss is still green.
The walk is over and we reassemble in the cafe for hot food and liquid refreshment!
On the way home, in the failing light - it's 3.00pm! - I try to capture the feeling of winter twilight in the English countryside.
The walk is over and we reassemble in the cafe for hot food and liquid refreshment!
On the way home, in the failing light - it's 3.00pm! - I try to capture the feeling of winter twilight in the English countryside.Ploughing clay fields can't be easy. A flock of seagulls follows the tractor as it turns the shiny earth.
The strong shapes of the great oak against the darkening sky.
Pitstone Windmill.
The day concluded in a music rehearsal for Grace and Jack.
The strong shapes of the great oak against the darkening sky.
Pitstone Windmill.
The day concluded in a music rehearsal for Grace and Jack. A good day for all of us.

7 comments:
Beautiful photos, Dorothy! I love seeing glimpses in to your life in England.
I love the windmill photo! It makes me sad to know that we get dark early, too. We've had some good sunny days though which make this winter easier. It sounds like your walk was a great activity with friends. I'd love to be part of a big group like that again.
Lovely pics! How fun that everyone is able to get together for a reunion!
Your pictures are lovely as usual Dorothy. And the walk sounds beautiful. I could use something like that right now. We've been shut in taking care of sick kids.
I l-o-v-e your new blog header picture! It's perfect, the lines in the fields, the giant windmill, the horizontal strips of sky! (I just read a great landscape photography book, lol.)
And your road with the trees looks like MY neck of the woods. :)
Thanks guys. When you take a million photos, one or two have to turn out okay! I'm thankful not to be buying and paying for development of FILM!LOL!
Kristine, I told you Virginia looked like parts of England! Most of our woods are gone now though, lost to Tudor shipbuilding.
Very nice pictures!
Post a Comment