Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 4

I finally got around to making my follow up appointment and saw my GP today. She paged the hospital on call Gynaecologist and spoke to him to see if I really needed to have further investigations. This was good of her and saved me a wait for an initial appointment at the hospital. After listening to a brief summary of the history and findings so far, he said yes I will need a biopsy of the lining of the uterus. I've been fast-tracked me for that. ('On a 2 week wait', which is what they do if they think that you might have cancer.) In other words, I've been shunted to somewhere up towards the head of the queue, which is good to know.

Due to some unfortunate experiences in hospitals 25 years ago, I have dreadful anxiety problems relating to drs etc and just walking into a hospital can make me vomit with fear. But I have to remind myself that the hospitals round here are good and that the way patients are treated is much more humane than back then.

I would really appreciate it if you could pray for me. For God's Will to be done, but also that God's Will isn't that I have to have endometrial cancer :-) Please pray for calmness for me and Jamie and that our minds will not race ahead too far of the situation.

Not looking forward to my long day in the car tomorrow. Fortunately, some friends are picking Jack up in the morning to take him skating with some other HE'd kids. He'll love that.
...................................................................
LOL! The spell checker at blogspot doesn't like the word 'endometrial'. It suggests 'industrial' instead.

9 comments:

Paula said...

Praying for you Dorothy.

The Bookworm said...

Praying, Dorothy.

Jackie said...

Dorothy, prosaic, woman to woman question here.
Did you feel pregnant? Did it feel, bizarre as that might be, like you were with child?
Because, you know what? If it did, you probably were. That's quite enough to deal with, but probably good cause not to think worse.
Did you know that feeling?
Trust yourself.

Kristine said...

Dorothy, I am praying for you, for your family.

Cynthia said...

Praying for you, Dorothy. I know it's hard to not let your mind race.

Deedee said...

Praying. For peace. For good health. For Dr's who listen and care. and for quick answers that make sense. (((HUGS)))

Jen said...

Well, I hope you don't have industrial or endometrial cancer! Praying for you!

Alexandra said...

Prayers offered up. I have an extreme dislike of hospitals as well. Actually hospital stays - I avoid them if I can.

I'm am attached to my spouse's presence as well! Hang in there.

Yvonne said...

I understand the fear too. I will soon be going through my own rounds of tests. In the meantime, not knowing what is wrong is unnerving to say the least. I can easily spin out of control with worry if I'm not careful. I haven't been able to write about it on my blog as a result.

The battle can be wearisome. I'm praying for you, D.