Can you imagine if everything you did in 1985 got re-packaged and presented to the world again for inspection and critique?
This album has been digitally re-mastered and re-packaged in a nice box set with previously unreleased tracks etc and, oh look, there is my husband right in the middle of that picture, looking grimly determined.
The band, which still consists of Ian and Billy (left and right of Jamie) plus various assorted other musicians, are touring now and playing ONLY from this 25 year old album. They asked if Jamie would come to a couple of the London gigs and play a 'guest star' spot at some point during the evening. He has agreed. So, The Royal Albert Hall beckons. The kids want to go. .
I'm not so keen to re-visit this part of our past but will have to go, to supervise the Grace and Jack while Jamie is rehearsing and backstage. I wonder what he'll wear? LOL!
11 comments:
How exciting!! Esp if the gig comes with a paycheck.... and if the album has been re-released - maybe some royalty checks?
It will be quite the experience for the kids to see dad doing music outside of praise and worship - but knowing that all his gifts are from God
LOL! Reading this with my mouth hanging open! Part of this is hilarious, Dorothy, and part of this is even MORE hilarious!
How DOES a practically middle aged, mild mannered computer guy turn into a rock star? That's probably harder than the earlier transition, lol.
Nice! I wish I could go see them! How exciting.
Cool.
I reckon he should wear a nice pair of Farahs and a Lacoste polo shirt.
That would make them think :D
He could always borrow Jack's hair, I suppose ....
HA! No, Renee, no paycheck. {g} And any royalties will go straight into our Life-Songs ministry.
I love the irony of that. {lOL!}
that *is* ironic, in a really good way!
Even if it's not something you're thrilled with I'm thinking it will be nice for Grace and Jack to see what their dad did when he was young. I'll be praying.
Bummer on no paycheck... but what a wonderful way to reinvest his music royalties.....
Oh, Dorothy. I know you like to keep this part of your past in the past....but what a wonderful way to invest royalties. Praying it's a fun night for all.
Oh, and *I* think it will be a great Lifesong to give his old bandmates as well!
And halellujah that we haven't all STAYED in 1985. (Egads.)
That would be odd...... Sorry we won't be able to connect. It took me some searching to find the addy for this blog since it isn't in this computer's history and the blog your profile from a comment you left on my blog took me to a cooking one. Anyway.... In case you didn't see my message on that blog. We got in too late both the first night and last night to call you and we left early yesterday morning. I wasn't sure how early was too early to call. We're heading out here in about 45 minutes and I'm not sure what time we'll get back tonight... we're hoping to get discount tickets to a show of some sort inwhich case it would be very late and we leave early tomorrow morning since our flight was changed from the afternoon to the morning... EARLY morning at that.
Anyway.. I did get your message letting me know you're too busy to meet this afternoon. BUMMER! I would sure like to have met you while here. Maybe next time.
I'll give you Amanda's email which is automatically pushed to her phone at no extra cost incase you've changed your mind and want to meet us this afternoon. it is bee@nemont.net
Talk to you later.
Post a Comment