Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jamming

I'm trying hard to stay calm about tomorrow's hospital appointment, but I now have some sort of inner ear infection and the room is spinning every time I stand up. I feel and look drunk. Also, some bad headaches. Jamie is taking the day off so I won't have to drive myself. But I hate him using up precious leave days from work just to accompany me.

Grace and Jack have both had colds, but are on the mend. Grace is starting to get into the swing of her new weekly routine with college and other commitments. Jack is working hard on studying for his exams in a few weeks.

I've been making lots of chutney, jam and jelly to pass the time and stop me from fretting these past two weeks. My family are enjoying the fuits of my labours though. Plum jam today! I just hope I don't topple over into my preserving pan with this vertigo! What a way to go that would be. 'Oxfordshire Woman Drowns In Plum Jam'

8 comments:

Renee said...

If you're going to drown in something, let it be chocolate.

Missus Wookie said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Chutney would be better for the SUN headline...

Chutney Catastrophe....

Jam Horror just doesn't cut it.

Glad Jamie could take the day off and still get paid, hope you get some time together as well as doing the hospital run.

Diddlie said...

Hello - just popped over from down to earth (Di)I think we must have sort of pshycic link = I have had a woozy weird wobbly thing going on this last day or so, doesn't seem to bad today.

Thoughts and prayers are with you from far away for your appointment today or tomorrow (not sure with the time difference!)

Alexandra said...

LOL, they'll be no drowning in the condiments! Sounds delicious. I haven't had really good chutney in years.

Julie said...

Praying for you today, Dorothy.

Deedee said...

I'm praying for you today as you go to the appointment. Keep us posted and after the appointment go out for a nice cream tea with Jamie - you deserve some special time together! :o) - Deedee

Jackie said...

I opened this post going 'Jamie and Jack rehearsing? Blackberry and Apple? Guitars? Fruits? Which is it to be....' now I know.
Hope your hostipal appointment is OK, mine was not great, not too dreadful, maybe :D (I love how the medical profession clear things up and get everything straight. Not !)
Let us know how you get on, you're in our prayers. :D

Renee said...

Hoping today's appt went well - you should be home since it's nearly 6pm