I've had a tough few days.
As always, we've been hurtling from one commitment to another. The last few days have included:
Hosting our home group
Driving the kids places
Preparing for the new academic year
Preparing for Life-Songs 5
All day rehearsal with our musicians on Saturday
Leading worship on Sunday
Followed by Potluck lunch and discussion at church
I've had a weird few weeks physically, feeling very weary and strangely hormonal. I say 'strangely' because I was pretty sure I was post-menopausal and have been for a couple of years. But I have reason to believe that I was briefly pregnant and am in the middle of an early miscarriage. It's weird and sad and ironic and well, I would rather not be going through it.
I can cope. If I could lead the church singing, 'Give thanks with a grateful heart' yesterday morning whilst almost doubled over in pain, I think I can do anything. {g} We had to make an early exit from the lunch though and I rested for the remainder of the day. In quite a lot of pain overnight and this morning. If things don't improve by tomorrow or if I get a high temperature I'll drop round to A&E (the ER.)
Monday, September 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Oh my goodness, what a shock - a kind of bittersweet ... oh I don't know, sad, and surprising ... I'll be praying for you, and yes, maybe a trip to A&E, or at least a Drs Appt?
Jackie,
I just called my dr's surgery but they aren't open until 8.30. I was going to chat to the triage nurse about it. Looking online, it seems that early, non-troublesome miscarriages are not treated these days? You just see someone if there's signs of infection?
I will have a word over the phone and see what they think. I actually don't like seeing the gps in our practice. They seem to not be interested in you unless your arm has been severed in a bizarre gardening accident.
Two years of no periods. Could be just a last menopausal hurrah, but for the last two weeks I've had pregnancy symptoms. All of which I laughed off, being 52 and all.
Dorothy
Sadly, yes, early miscarriages are left for you to work through... I have had 3 - 2 at 12 weeks, 1 at 8 weeks... they'd rather it just 'happened', it's easier... unfortunately 2 of mine didn't sort them selves. I hope you find peace in this time. Esther
Oh, Dorothy ... been there, done that, with all the mixed emotions. {{{ HUGS }}}
Have you checked your levels with an over the counter pregnancy test? I think this is the way to know for sure. I'd definitely follow up with the ob/gyn or your doctor. You don't want to wait for an infection to have things checked out.
Sorry you are going through this, Dorothy. ((Hugs))
You OK?
How did the phonecall go?
Two doctors, three different opinions: miscarriage, fluctuating menopausal hormones or endometrial cancer. Couldn't get a sense of which they thought more likely.
Hormone tests would be inconclusive at my age. So, a scan at the hospital on Thursday. Feeling better this afternoon, though very tired.
Praying for you Dorothy.
My mom had an unexpected pregnancy at age 50, miscarried then had to have a D&C. I hope whatever is going on will be uncomplicated for you.
Praying for you, Dorothy.
((Hugs)) Dorothy...I hope that the scan gives a definate answer, at the very least.
I'm reading late but am praying for you and for Grace, the taxi driver, Jamie's trip, and your loss.
I meant to say in another comment, love all the monthly word boxes on your sidebar.
Jodi
Post a Comment