
Wednesday is a long, tiring day for me. I drive across 3 counties to get the kids to their Home-school sports and social activities. This is also the day I do the family's week's food shopping and go for a swim. But I have a cold this week and I'm tired and cranky.
The kids are out right now and Jamie needs picking up from the station so I have even more driving left to do today and all I want is a bath and to climb into bed.
Grace and Jack were swimming today and playing basketball and doing gymnastics and training in a fitness gym and Jack added a game of badminton to that programme too. However, they still seemed to have plenty of energy for going out this evening!
It was good to talk to the other home-educating mums today. There is a group of us, who meet up whilst our kids are being sporty, all with teenagers about the same age and it is so nice to be able to talk with mums about their kids' courses, exams, jobs, character types etc. Most of the HE mums I meet are younger and with younger children. (Some of them young enough to actually be my children!) They are eager to talk about reading and spelling and potty training and discipline, which is okay. I like being able to help when I'm asked. But now and then I just need to be able to fellowship with women who are where I am at right now in my home-schooling journey, facing the same issues.
And I get a big dose of that on Wednesdays.
So, I guess I'm alright after all.
Gotta go and drive somewhere again now.
No comments:
Post a Comment