
The kids continued to work hard yesterday and then after lunch, we dashed off to our local Keepers/Contenders for the Faith group. It's just 6 families who get together loosely on the premise of doing the projects for the badges, but it's more that it's a vehicle for a few christian families to get together. We meet once a month in a village hall which has some green space and a play park in the grounds.
The kids did some Christmas crafts to be given away as gifts. At my table, they were decorating egg cups and I still have the paint on my fingers to prove it. Later, while the mums cleared up, the kids all went out and had an impromptu game of football together. The oldest was Grace at 15, the youngest was about 3 and they all looked like they were involved. It was fun to watch. It's moments like that which give the lie to the idea that home-educated children are socially inadequate. I can't imagine a situation in which schoolchildren would play together in such a wide age-spread and so graciously, too.
I know that people like to read menus (and I'm one of them!), so here's what we had for dinner! We had baked fish (Jamie had quorn) bashed neeps and carrots, new potatoes and broccoli cheese.
Our GP called this evening saying he had made himself a note to ring me, but couldn't remember why.
Jamie and Grace went out to a new session for the worship band to sing, play and actually worship together, called Breathe. Usually, rehearsals for Sundays are pretty frantic affairs and some of the less gifted musicians can get a little anxious about remembering everything. And on Sunday, they so want to get things 'right' for God and the congregation that it's hard for them to relax and just enter into the worship. Hence the new monthly sessions. No pressure, just singing God's praises all eveing, with no one to 'lead', just themselves. The new pastor was there too as he plays keyboard (rather well). The team are keen to include some mentoring of youth singers/musicians too, so Grace was invited. She really enjoyed it. Of course, I would have loved to have gone, but someone had to look after Jack! The sooner he improves his guitar playing, the sooner we can ALL go to events like this.
Yes, I guess this one counts as a good day!
2 comments:
I LOVE the title of your blog! YOU DID WHAT? Sounds like something people are always saying to me (LOL)!
Cynthia
Dorothy,
What are bashed neeps? And Quoron?
Thanks,
Post a Comment