Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wednesdays

Our Wednesdays are a feast of fitness! For Grace and Jack: 30 mins swimming lesson. They've been having these lessons for years so now they are just improving stamina and their strokes and turns. They are accruing some national swimming awards in the process. Then Sports. They do an hour of mixed sports. Yesterday, they did some circuit training to warm up and then basketball and hockey. Next up: Gymnastics. Grace's balance and co-ordination have improved SO MUCH since she's been taking this class. Two years running she won the most improved class member certificate! And Jack is, well, pretty good. Hence the silver medal on Sunday! Then they have lunch and are off to the fitness gym for an hour's supervised weights training. Jack opted to swim with his friends again after that and M took him back home with her for dinner so he could play/hang out with his best buddy, J.

The kids are so busy with their various sports and catching up with their home-ed friends that I get a chance to shop in peace. I go to a HUGE tesco supermarket to do my grocery shopping for the week. Yesterday was a challenge though! I have a very limited grocery budget as we had so many other expenses to take care of this month. The kids are having some special days out that we had to pay for. So, I had a tight budget and 4 people to feed for a week. I managed it though and was within 25 pence of my limit! Looking forward to pay day next week!

Later I swam with M. She is a much stronger swimmer than my usual partner-in-crime. P only learned to swim last summer so she is slow and we swim and talk as we go. But M is fast! And it was as much as I could to to keep up with her and I was struggling to speak to her at the ends of laps! Consequently, I am aching all over today. But that's good. It means my heart and lungs got a good workout.I hope!

Dinner last night was: leftover brown rice with cheese and steamed vegies. It's all I had the energy to produce!

Grace went off to the midweek youth service with our church. She tries to 'dress up' a bit for this. She has noticed that the other girls make an effort. I think, personally, that it's because they have been in a school uniform all day, but no matter. If Grace wants to take better care of her appearance without maternal nagging, I'm all for it. Kids with ASD often just can't see the point in spending time on grooming. Grace is finally understanding that a nice appearance is a good social lubricant, like smiling and saying please and thank-you!

Jamie arrived home late and then went to pick Jack up from M's. I collapsed early on account of the strenuous swimming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew, sounds like everyone got a good workout!