I tried to make Christmas last until the 6th of January, but our tree sort of groaned and died. And when you take the tree decorations down and start throwing away the remnants of the mint spies, well, you may as well go the whole hog and clean up.{g}
This means I have to get started on planning for school and Jack's birthday next week! Eeek!
Yesterday, I spent the morning at a friend from church's house talking to her about Grace. She is a clinical psychologist and the mother of a daughter with Down's Syndrome and was very helpful to us when we first got the diagnosis. She went through the neuro-psych's report of the assessment and explained in detail what the tests were and what they meant. I think I am even more confused than I was earlier. It is clearly the pattern of results expected for ASD, but with a couple of things which are really unusual. Not sure what to do with that information, or how it will affect how I teach her. Yet.
Then I went shopping, food shopping, for bargains as we are needing to stretch our budget a long way over the next few months. Not easy, but I think we'll make it!
Today was the day we chopped up the tree, packed away all the festive bits and pieces and vacuumed and rearranged things. Getting most of the books back out reminded me I will soon have to be back at my 'work' of the books business.
I finished reading John and Stasi Eldridge's book Captivating. Not sure if I agree with all of it, especially, for eg, the idea of woman being the 'crown of God's creation' or with the notion of 'Jesus as my fiance', but there were many other things in the book which resonated on a very deep level. I burst into tears so many times reading it, I had to read it when I knew no one would disturb me. I wonder what that means, exactly?
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment