Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Day Menu

Our Christmas Day Menu

Breakfast
Hot croissants with butter and marmalade
tea
Buck's Fizz

Grace and Jack eat lots of chocolate!

Lunch
Roast Turkey with gravy
White Christmas Nutmeat
Traditional Bread Sauce
Herb Stuffing Balls
Roasted Root Vegetables
Creamed corn with chili
Roast Potatoes
Brussel Sprouts with chestnuts

Christmas Pudding with
Brandy Butter and cream

Tea
Potted cheese with crackers
Mince pies

Christmas Day is THE feast of the year in Britain. It's a struggle getting it all on the table with having to serve in the music team at church for the whole morning too. But I usually manage it. Except when my oven dies just before I put the turkey in.


Which is what happened last year. {g}

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm still working on our menu. I better get a move on... finish the album(s) and make our grocery list.. shower and leave all within the next 1.5 hours, but I really wanted to stop by and catch up on a few blogs this a.m.!

Alexandra said...

A joyous Christmas to you and your family. :)

Kristine said...

Hah, our menu looked something like:

Breakfast:
yukky Danish that the kids wanted for Christmas. So they filled up on candy.

Lunch:
brie cheese, crackers and apples--for me and Rob. Kids didn't really like that, so Holly 5 servings of macadamia nuts (and will surely pay tomorrow, her tummy's sensitive), and I don't even know what Trevor had except surely more candy.

Meanwhile, I snacked on the rest of our 12 cups of Chex Mix and lost my appetite for dinner.

Dinner:
Holly and Robert actually had seconds. Holly wanted more than one piece of cake for dessert. Poor Trevor didn't like the cake that I'd made at his request (but everyone else did).

Rather a high sugar day . . .

Emily said...

Your Christmas menu sounds scrumptious . . . !