And we sprayed the house for cat fleas.
Well, you know, we like to combine our activities to save time, so we had a flea-spaying, birthday lunch, shoe buying, celebration combo.
We really know how to party in this family!
And, if anyone wants to know what Jamie looked like at age 19 (when I fell in love with him) take a look inside the front cover of this month's Mojo Magazine.
Ah, bless.
And that's all I'm saying about that!
10 comments:
Dorothy,
I like your celebration style :)
Don't you have flea collars or Frontline in England? It's easier (I think) to use it than spraying the house - and much less stink I would imagine
You got a 44yo dh today and I got my third teenager..... they now outnumber dh and I.
Hi Renee!
Our little cat was very wild when we got her as a kitten and would not tolerate a collar. Also, our vet doesn't recommend them for active cats (which she was) as they can hang themselves with them when climbing trees.
We do have long-lasting flea stuff you put drops onto the back of the cat's neck, or administer as a pill. Which I was doing, but I guess I must have been late with an application which gave them a foothold and we first noticed it when WE were being bitten!
I've learned my lesson though and have put the application dates in my diary!
Did you say THREE teenagers? Praying for you. {g}
Happy birthday to Jamie a day late...I'll have to go check out the magazine you mention.
Ah - so flea collars are the prescribed celebratory activity in your section of the world - I will remember this tidbit of cultural trivia. LOL
I tried to have a look at Mojo, but they were all sold out. Must be quite a photo. ;)
Happy Belated Birthday Jamie and I am going to try to find that magazine.
Yes, I now have three teenagers - 16yo dd, almost 15yo ds and 13yo dd.......
Sorry to hear about forgetting to apply the flea stuff. I have BIG stickers I put on my wall calendar to remember the dog's flea and heartworm meds.
Jan, it's a pretty FUNNY photo.
I'm sooooooo glad that magazines don't publish photos of me at age 19....how mortifying.
But as it's Jamie, it's hilarious!
Happy Birthday to Jamie!!
A flea spray themed birthday party, I shall remember that good idea! Happy birthday to Jamie, a little late. I don't know what Mojo magazine is but I'm sure it's a very nice picture.
I have found with the frontline type drops that last summer they no longer seemd to work as well for our furry brood. I wonder if they lose their effectiveness over time?
Your cat looks cute as usual in the pics above and I must admit I too find my eyes gravitating towards your bookshelves quite often when I read your blog. Must be another "you know your a homeschooler when"....your eye naturaly turns to the bookshelves in the picture!
Post a Comment