Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Planning 2

New Menu for the rest of the winter.

I always like to be more spontaneous and seasonal in the summer and will probably abandon this rotation after 3 goes round. There's quite a lot of comfort food here. Jack seems to be eating a massive amount at the moment. It's hard keeping up with him. It's not an especially 'light' or healthy diet and still has a considerable amount of cheese in it. Ugh. Maybe I'll be able to do without it as we go through the meals. It's really hard to keep a light, demi-veg diet going that isn't boring! Oh well. This will do for now. I'll probably tweak it as we go.

Week 1
M: Rice and Lentil Wraps + sour cream + salsa + cheese
T: Spaghetti + sauce and unmeatballs (nuts and veg) + salad leaves
W: Black bean soup + tortillas + cheese + oranges + avocado
T: vegie hot dogs + rolls + potato salad + veg sticks
F: Pizza and Movie Night
S: Chicken Casserole or quorn fillets in sauce + baby new potatoes + carrot and swede mash
S: leftovers from Saturday + peas + sweetcorn

Week 2
M: Stir fry veg + tofu + noodles or rice + cashews
T: Lasagna + cucumber salad + salad leaves
W: Lentil and vegetable soup + cheese scones
T: Scallopped potatoes + roast peppers + tomatoes + courgettes or mushrooms
F: Salmon fishcakes or quorn sausages + mangetouts or runner beans + roasted butternut squash
S: Turkey Meatloaf or Nutloaf + potato wedges + Moroccan carrots
S: Leftovers + red cabbage

Week 3
M: Borlotti Bean and potato wraps + salsa + sour cream + cheese
T: Macaroni Cheese + tomato salad + beetroot
W: Spinach or tomato soup + croutons or crusty bread
T: Baked potatoes, cheese + coleslaw+ baked beans
F: Pizza and Movie Night
S: Roast Chicken + gravy + roast potatoes + bread sauce + white cabbage + carrots
S: Leftovers + green beans

Week 4
M: quorn curry or pea and potato curry + rice + raita
T: Baked penne, veg and sauce + leafy salad
W: Potato and Red Leicester Soup + wholewheat chapatis
T: Chicken or vegie sausages+ cheesy or pesto mashed potatoes + roast tomatoes
F: Omega fish fingers or nut cutlets+ tomato cream sauce, peas
S: Mince and tatties (braised tofu for J) + baked squash
S: Leftovers + broccoli

4 comments:

Paula said...

Mmmm...Dorothy, you're making me hungry!

Stephanie said...

Yummy! I see many recipes that I'd like.... hint.... hint.... lol

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Except for the meat parts this menu plan sounds very good. When/if I ever make my menu plan I will consider some of your ideas (and some of Lisa's and....) LOL Then I don't have to think up anything!!

Romany said...

Jodi,

Let me know if you need any recipes, though there are quite a few in the recipes section.