There are many times I wish I'd been able to have our children earlier in my life and this past couple of weeks is one. I wish I wasn't so decrepit, so I could keep up with them better! The kids have done so much this week, it's amazing they are still standing. I'll list a few of them as I remember them.
Grace
Went to an Avril Levigne concert at the O2 Arena in London.
Attended a whole day Shakespeare workshop in the woods.
Attended her college 2 days a week.
Helped us to serve tea and cakes for some elderly folk at a church evening event.
Went to a BBQ for the music team.
Went to a BBQ for the Youth Group.
Played sports with the home Ed group.
Went Kayaking with the Home Ed group.
Started a small group for Christian girls with another 2- 17 year olds.
Did a day of outdoor sports with our Home Ed group.
Helped to lead the Rainbows group (5-7 year old girls) one evening.
Practiced singing some new songs with her Dad in her every spare moment.
Jack
Attended a whole day Shakespeare workshop in the woods.
Completed his Royal Yachting Club Stage 2 Sailing course.
Attended his IGCSE Drama Course in Oxford.
Helped us to serve tea and cakes for some elderly folk at a church evening event.
Went to a BBQ for the music team.
Cycled into town to go swimming with a friend.
Stayed over at a friend's house one night.
Went to a BBQ for the Youth Group.
Played sports with the home Ed group.
Tackled some Maths and Physics with his Dad.
Went Kayaking with the Home Ed group.
Went to the county music school for a morning's guitar and band practice.
Did a day of outdoor sports with our Home Ed group.
Went to his Athletics Club sessions, worked on his sprinting.
Played football with the local lads every spare moment.
And this Monday morning, we are up and running again! With college for one and Drama IGCSE in Oxford for the other. I tell you what - I am really looking forward to those 'lazy days of summer' people keep talking about!
Tell me they exist, someone!
PS I just had Jamie read this and he said, 'They're just a couple of unsocialized home-schoolers, aren't they?' {g}
Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OK. Tell Grace I'm a little jealous that she got to go see Avril Lavigne. LOL. No, I hope she had a great time attending.
I know, it is SO hard to find the opportunity to socialise enough, isn't it. You really must try harder. There must be some spare space in your calendar somewhere.
Is this a different drama class? I know that one was using a questionable play.
Bess,
Grace loved it!
Kathryn,
LOL!
Renee,
Yes, it's the same course, but different content, different teacher and different group. God was faithful to us for our decision to pull out of the other one.
WOW! That was a busy week!
Maybe you really do need to lock those unsocialized home schooled teens in the closet so you can have less socialization going on!
Post a Comment