Saturday, June 07, 2008

Our Music Team BBQ

Last weekend, we had two music events for church. The first was the Music Team BBQ, which I was cooking for. The second was a Songs of Praise type evening, involving tea and cakes which Jamie and I were responsible for. Both went very well.

What do you do with 3 large bowls of salad and no space in the fridge to keep them cool? You put them in the bath with a few inches of cold water, of course! Fun and games.
Our lovely, lovely Music Team, so special, so loving, so godly.
It was extremely difficult to make the decision we did this week, then, of leaving this church, where we have so many friends and are busy serving God. But sometimes retaining personal integrity and standing up for truth is more important than just getting along with everyone.

It's been a painful week, but we are sure God has a plan for us.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

What a clever idea for keeping food cold for a short while. I like it!

Praying for your church situation.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

You continue to be in our prayers. Tough decision...look for great personal growth to follow.

I love the idea of the bath/salads.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Obviously, I click on a page and scroll down to read because it isn't until I'm leaving that I notice your great new header photo. Cool.

Linda said...

Praying for you, Dorothy. We have been there, and it involved leaving not only our church but Greg's job there as well. Ugh! God definitely blessed us for choosing integrity.

Cynthia said...

LOL about the salads in the bath tub....

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dorothy. I feel your pain, really I do. You've obviously made the right decision, but it doesn't hurt any less, does it?
Jackie
x

Unknown said...

Love your "make do" cooler!

Unknown said...

Love your make-do cooler! Very clever!

Praying for you regarding your church hunt. (((Hugs))) A very difficult decision, I know.