This particular one will lead to an IGCSE qualification in Art and Design next summer.
Lots of kayaking. Grace and Jack's skills have both improved a lot! We're hoping they can get some sea kayaking experience in Wales when we go on holiday later this year. I feel more comfortable about that now after seeing how much stronger paddlers they are this year.
Windy came to visit with baby Noah. In this pic, it looks as though I am looking forward to grandmotherhood. Which I am. Windy, lucky for you, the picture of you came out very dark. Or, should I say, lucky for me, because I think you might have hit me with my camera if I'd put it up here.
Babies always like Grace because she lets them play with her necklaces.I've also had a bit more time for cooking. Not that there's much cooking involved with tacos. But there is usually a lot of fun to be had in watching my family try to eat them.
Above pictured lettuce is from my garden!Tessie found time in her busy schedule to fit in a nap. On the hammock, no less.
I took the following picture because it is the only corner of my home not currently in a state of complete uproar. And I really like that little jug.
It was my hurumphty-first birthday and THIS is the card my Beloved sent me.
On the morning of my birthday, after spending 2 hours trying to delete my name from Facebook (and not quite understanding how I'd managed to get signed up, unbeknownst to myself), I decided to spend the rest of the day repainting the dining room. I really know how to celebrate, don't I?
Which necessitated the moving of about 156,893 books.
And then of course, I had to go buy more paint and then strip old wallpaper and then treat mould and then do the kitchen ceiling and then....I'll be at this small project for the next 3 weeks AT LEAST.And it's all a displacement activity because a) we had to leave our church and have not yet found another one suitable and b) I have a skin biopsy today and I'm scared to death about what horrible things my body might be doing to itself now that I'm hurumphty-one years old.
So many of you dear friends are praying for us right now, I know, and we do appreciate it. This too shall pass.
Though the redecoration project might run and run.
13 comments:
Happy Belated birthday! I'll be praying as you go for the biopsy today. May they just find that it is nothing more than decrepidation! :o) Also praying you find a GOOD church soon in which to heal your wounds! We have been there and know what it is like. (((HUGS)))
happy belated birthday. You are in my prayers.... for both your health and to find a new church family
Happy belated birthday! I have one coming up tomorrow. :) I love the pictures on your website - they are always so fun to see. Prayers coming your way as many times as I can send them today. I'm not good with time changes, so I figure if I cover it all day I'll hit your appointment time at some point. lol Hang in there, keep looking up, and find joy in many things today.
Dorothy...I love the little synonyms you make up! LOL Hurumphty-one, just wonderful!
The picture of you, Grace and baby Noah is just precious. : )
Happy Belated Birthday all Hurumphty one of 'em.
Good luck on the redecoration and church exploration...
I understand completely getting yourself involved in that enormous project. I do that to myself all the time! I love the tulips! My all-time favorite flowers. Happy Birthday, dear Dorothy!
Wow!..okay, I'm going to go take a nap...you work too hard!
Happy belated birthday! I love the card.
I love the picture of you, Grace and baby Noah. How precious.
The kids will love sea-kayaking. I spent five weeks kayaking in Prince William Sound, Alaska, a 100 or more years ago...it was very fun.
Your little corner looks lovely. Are those real tulips? Mine are all long gone.
Still praying for your church situation and for your health.
Happy belated birthday, and prayers for a good result on your biopsy.
I love those little stripey socks on that very cute baby. Just darling.
Happy Birthday! Sorry I'm late.
The baby is very cute.
I hope the biopsy was ok.
Sa kayaking sounds very exciting!
Happy Birthday, a wee bit late.
Kayaking in England sounds COLD. I'm quite sure your water isn't nearly warm-bathwater temperature, which would be the only way I would venture in! I am cold-water chicken!
Love the picture of Tessie on the hammock and those lovely yellow tulips! Wow! Tulips in June!
LOL! No our tulips were over in April. These were bought in a shop! For my birthday. Probably left a carbon footprint the size of a football pitch to grow them and fly them here. {g}
Hi! I love your blog. I homeschooled my boys for 11 years... and really miss it. I still have tons of books that I haven't been able to part with. Thanks for visiting my blog! It hink you are the first person to see it besides me. =)
I'm late but Happy Birthday.
I love your serene little corner. Tulips are my favorite and your jug is elegant.
Post a Comment