Sunday, May 04, 2008

In the Waiting Room...

I am a very impatient patient.
I'm even worse as a patient's mother.

Grace has been fainting rather dramatically lately. Once, she fell and hit her head on the bathroom sink during a faint and then vomited. Another time she just fell on her brother. {g} He was not impressed. The doctor sent her for blood tests. One of them came back with a low white blood cell count. She will be retested in 3 weeks. I was told not to worry, but of course, I've been imagining leukemia.

She doesn't know. She would totally freak out if anything about her was not absolutely normal. Like she was so upset for weeks recently that her weight was not PRECISELY in the middle of the perfect *range* for her height. She really stressed about it. It's an ASD thing.

So, I'm quietly freaking out. In private.

Also the odd skin patch on my tummy isn't doing anything. It's not changing, not going away, not getting any better. The doctor doesn't like it. He doesn't think it's cancer, says it's not like any cancer he's ever seen, but he has NO IDEA what it is. So he has referred me to a skin specialist for a biopsy. Still waiting for that appointment.

Waiting, waiting...
I don't even like having to wait for a train.

If you pray, please remember Grace's naughty white blood cells and my annoying tummy in your prayers.

7 comments:

Deedee said...

Praying for Grace and for Peace for you and hubby! (((HUGS))) keep us posted!

Linda said...

Praying for you, Dorothy. I also HATE waiting. I think God likes it. :)

Anonymous said...

praying for you both!

Kristine said...

Dorothy, praying for your family here.

Anonymous said...

Sending many prayers for you and your daughter.

Jodi said...

Praying for you both.

Thinking wayyyyyyy back here because I'm now old. I had a few fainting spells in my late teens, twenty-ish. A few of them happened in London one coming out of the tube in Picadilly Circus (these things stick with your memory I guess!). Being a few years older than Grace at the time and not still at home I didn't see a doctor about it in any rush because I was "young and invincible". When I finally looked into it after the fact I was told it could have been hormonal of course it was too late to investigate at that point since I was no longer fainting! Later found out I'm prone to low blood sugar too. Anyway I hope it's "nothing" for Grace and that your skin patch is nothing to worry about as well.

Cynthia said...

Praying!